Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yours is the reason I sold off my US spec grille and went with the euro!

What did you do to fill the holes?
Ha! :cool:

I took it to a bodyshop and they filled in the holes, primed/painted it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A big thank you to fellow forum member Jorligan, helping add another piece to the mod puzzle. Picked up the Audi Sport Carbon Ceramic Brake set up from him.
He had them anodized red, from the original silver calipers. I’ll be refinishing and returning them back to silver.

Will be adding the upgraded CCB brake booster, as well as new SS brake lines, and high-temp race brake fluid once the install takes place. Very likely going to upgrade to the AudiSport titanium backing plate CCB pads as well.

Thanks again to Tim for the purchase!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks to Tom @Radical tuning for sourcing the LMS carbon fiber front canards!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Picked up a new DD today. Nardo RS3. Fun little ride.
It’s about the same length and weight as the R8. 5-cyl turbo, sport suspension, sport exhaust, virtual ****pit, carbon mirror caps. Pretty well appointed interior with carbon, alcantara, contrast stitching, nappa leather, red trimmed seatbelts. Was a fun drive home. It’s no R8, but it’s sure nice to drive everyday.

Ordered a new custom steering wheel for the R8. Will update once it arrives.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
1st stage teaser...
And FWIW, I didn’t fit in the Lambo.

More to come...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here are some quick snaps after I picked it up today. I’ll get some better ones tomorrow.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Had the R8 out at a car meet tonight.

Got some pics on my phone, but there was a photographer there taking others.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A few more items in today. Thanks to Louie from German Rush for the board member pricing!

GR Carbon fiber rear vents

GR rear facelift diffuser

Also picked up some OEM front frame reinforcement brackets. I’ll continue to monitor the way in which I’ll want them installed.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just picked up a set of Audi OEM R8 LMS Coilover suspension from a factory LMS race car.

Bilstein MDS Shocks (adjustable damping)
Eibach Springs (600lb front/675lb rear)
(120N/mm)

*(LMS runs 1200lb)

Custom refurbished by Bilstein for street use.

Thanks to Andrew in the UK 🇬🇧 for the purchase.

Once I dial in the build, I’ll have my stock MagRides for sale for anyone interested!

·
Registered
251 Posts

What it’s all about...

hey thunderdent just curious...where did you purchase that cool leather key chain (the manual gearbox society)? that's pretty cool actually. btw, excellent massive mod list you got there. can't wait to see the final product...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

hey thunderdent just curious...where did you purchase that cool leather key chain (the manual gearbox society)? that's pretty cool actually. btw, excellent massive mod list you got there. can't wait to see the final product...
Thank you sir. I look forward to it as well. It’s just taking a hot minute to get it all together. Should be done next spring.

https://thecurbshop.com/collections/tmgps?gclid=CjwKCAjw2qHsBRAGEiwAMbPoDIoJNWOcrKlvS75oUd55_oc7IR3cn0XcxU7tyn-3SZYFxWEbySz44BoCzosQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks to Alex @ Europrice for the assistance. I have been on the hunt for, yet unable to find, come up with, or have made the Carbon Sigma Illuminated door sills from with the original pre-face lift logo, as I was trying to keep the car consistent for the time period.

We finally thought we had it. as AudiSport agreed to make a set for me. Unfortunately, when they finished and shipped, they still made them with the new Facelift logo. The said that was all they are able to do, and they don’t have the ability to make them with the old logo anymore.

Still, these will be a welcome upgrade and look fantastic on the car. I have to figure out fitment at this point, but hopefully it won’t be hard. I’ve read numerous threads on the matter, and it seems that 2010 and onward (all V10s produced) have the wiring harnesses already there. It was only the early V8s who had to try to retrofit and wire to the footwell lighting.

The items are coming along!

21 - 40 of 79 Posts