41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
957 Posts
It's just like mine, except for the wheels, red brake calipers, and console. My console is painted body color, which was apparently a $1,600 option. It's priced right and I'm sure someone will snatch it up soon. In fact, this car was built seven cars before mine, @#291.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I shopped around. These are $1,250, any way you want it, and no core, which means I get to keep the stock Alcantara wheel.
That’s awesome. I did mine through EuroBoutique. But it has a core. Not a huge deal to me, as my wheel is run of the mill Audi wheel. I skipped the CF and did a combo of alcantara and punched Nappa leather. Red racing stripe in Smooth Nappa, and white stitching. It will match the seats & door cards once I get them done.

Look forward to seeing yours on.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So, I’ve made some changes, but am unable to edit the list on the first page where the new website started.

I’ve ordered a custom steering wheel that I’m going to put up for sale (not even shipped to me yet, but I’m taking the car in another direction. So look for that in the for sale section soon.
12 o’clock red racing stripe, black alcantara with Nappa punched leather sides and white sport stitching.

Been working hand in hand with Osman who is a great source for our vehicle. High end work and ability to get things hard to get. And make things perfect.

With that said, big things ahead.
Working on some custom euro buckets, more to come on those soon. Big surprise on the steering wheel as well. Here’s a look at the custom door cards that will set that off.

I’ve also secured some more items that are bringing the build closer to fruition. I’ve swapped the red CCBs for the racing silver.

I’ve updated the mirrors to OEM gloss Carbon Fiber Sigma V10+ FL mirrors

Interior bits getting an update as well, with the new gauge cluster.

And finally, I’ve secured the wing I’ve been wanting. And have a brand new GT/LMX wing base in the garage ready to retrofit the mount to. AFAIK, I’ll be the first to retrofit this PP wing to a Gen 1. The entire wing and aluminum swan neck bases weigh less than 1kg. Went with the black sided wing.

My custom Avior non-resonated titanium x-pipe exhaust should finally be here today.

More to come...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Loving the mods you're doing. That wing looks superb.

·
Registered
111 Posts
And finally, I’ve secured the wing I’ve been wanting. And have a brand new GT/LMX wing base in the garage ready to retrofit the mount to. AFAIK, I’ll be the first to retrofit this PP wing to a Gen 1. The entire wing and aluminum swan neck bases weigh less than 1kg. Went with the black sided wing.
Awesome getting the PP wing for a gen1 :)
Did it take a lot of modifications to make it fit? Gen1 and gen2 have same width between brackets holding the wing??

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Awesome getting the PP wing for a gen1 :)
Did it take a lot of modifications to make it fit? Gen1 and gen2 have same width between brackets holding the wing??
It’s shipping out Monday.
I should have some more photos soon.

it will take some fitment but it should be doable.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Here are some better close ups of the quality of the OEM wing. Truly beautiful. Thanks to Osman for sourcing it and many other parts of this build.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Here’s a little preview of the PP wing against a Gen1 body. Will look sweet when done. Big shout out to Osman from R8Stuff who drove to Germany from the UK to pick up the wing.

Crazy awesome customer service. Thanks Osman!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wait, hang on! So the mountin location of brackets into the wing and the mountin location (where old wing was mounted) in to the GT bumper has same width so it matches perfectly? No need to customize brackets?? 😳😮👍

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’m surprised that the wing doesn’t run across the full width of the rear. Or is it just the angle of the photos?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nope, it’s not that wide.
I’ll measure it tonight and give you all a width so you’ll know.
Not sure how it relates the the width of the GT wing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yes, brackets will need customized.

·
Registered
251 Posts
very nice TD...thanks for keeping us updated

41 - 60 of 79 Posts