Audi R8 Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Duuude I finally saw this thread. I read each page in order and when I saw your first pic of the PP wing I was like NOOO THATS THE TT WING!!! So glad you noticed (how could you not!) and got it sorted man! New one looks so epic even just rested on the car in your latest pic. When you getting it mounted?

So funny reading this thread I think I've found my R8 soulmate, almost everything you've done is on my list. OZ Superforgiata, PP wing, LMS style, custom steering wheel. I'm starting with a Suzuka grey V10 base model too altho mine is facelift and I have red calipers haha at least there's some differences!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Duuude I finally saw this thread. I read each page in order and when I saw your first pic of the PP wing I was like NOOO THATS THE TT WING!!! So glad you noticed (how could you not!) and got it sorted man! New one looks so epic even just rested on the car in your latest pic. When you getting it mounted?

So funny reading this thread I think I've found my R8 soulmate, almost everything you've done is on my list. OZ Superforgiata, PP wing, LMS style, custom steering wheel. I'm starting with a Suzuka grey V10 base model too altho mine is facelift and I have red calipers haha at least there's some differences!
Absolutely man! bring it on. I love Suzuka! I’ll try to pave the way the best I can! It’s an expensive build, but you have to commit if you want to do it right.

Ordered these OEM LMS mirrors the other day as well through Osman from AudiSport Customer Racing.
Picked up the OEM LMS front tow hook as well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very curious to see how those LMS mirrors look installed! Impressive build thus far (y)

·
Registered
76 Posts
@ThunderDent One thing has been really bugging me about the PP wing that you might be able to help with!

The braces/pillars that come with the wing... are they configurable? Its bugging the hell out of me cos in some pics the braces look perfectly vertical with the wing positioned quite high, then in other pics the braces lean inwards (60-70deg) and the wing is positioned alot lower to the car.

So I'm assuming its configurable with the braces you have? On the pics where the wing looks higher Im like YES, but on the pics where it looks lower I'm like hmmm haha

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
No they are fixed.

They look different at different angles in the pictures because of the swan neck mounts.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Started a new Insta for the build if anyone wants to follow.

@jcgatedR8

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Osman is on it here guys. If you need something R8 Stuff can deliver.

Here is my completed steering wheel and airbag he did for me on our Gen1 wheel. Based on the LMS Ultra wheel (which I ordered one of those from AudiSport as well to keep with the car!)

Looking forward to the final install, but it will look sick with the white gauge cluster. Will completely transform the car. Airbag is custom stitching made to tear away if airbag deployed. Same as Gen2. So sexy compared to the stock Gen1 Airbag.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts