Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my r8 yesterday one day earlier then expected. Good thing too because today is nothing but rain. I live in the dunwoody area if any one wants to connect to take the cars out for a spin.. hit me up.

Attached are some photos from the car at the dealership.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fEdbWOckJ4d-i4A1iKdLSg?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ELKx4f8pmZWQ7IWqPV_uuA?feat=directlink

Stats: Car is fully loaded, 6 spd, Tan leather interior, carbon engine bay and sideblades.

Next on my todo list:
- 3M coating
- radar/laser installation. any suggestions?
- exhaust

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
What was the cost for engine bay enhancements? Any pics? I painted my air box lid Stainless steel silver AFTER installing air filters from P.P.I. Oemplus also has this stuff here in california.I still want to put see through lenses in air box to show off the filters !

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Congratulations on your car. I ordered the R-tronic, CF everywhere, B&O, upgraded leather, alcantara headliner, nav, premium package, ice silver outside and lime grey interior.
I live in MN, but I get to ATL frequently to work with Arby's and Coca-Cola. I will PM you when my next trip to ATL is planned. Maybe we can break bread.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Out of curiosity for you guys living with the snow, how driveable is the R8 in such conditions?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
See my previous posts about snow and tires. I drive it every day and in all weather. It is very good in the snow and ice with the right tires. It is as good if not better than my ML-500 SUV.

There are several other things to consider. First is when the snow gets over 6 inches, you become more of a snow plow than a car. Second is that the rear really gets a lot of snow accumulation while driving. It will scratch your clear coat as it melts and slides down with rocks and such digging into the pain. I expected clear coat scratches with a black car and driving in all weather only adds to this.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's good to know. Was thinking about heading up to our N. Tahoe cabin this weekend with just the wife. Wouldn't mind trying it out. Thanks

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
toofast4u and I met at a local brew house yesterday, we consider it the first meeting of the Atlanta R8 club. I think we have a new PPI exhaust convert!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am converted. Consider me part of the darkside. That exhaust was incredible! So here is a photo of the 1st meeting of the atlanta r8 club.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Nice picture - it shows the difference between a lowered car with the H&R springs, and a stock suspension.

·
Registered
340 Posts
toofast4u and I met at a local brew house yesterday, we consider it the first meeting of the Atlanta R8 club. I think we have a new PPI exhaust convert!
MotherTucker - does the installation of PPI exhaust void your warranty? How does it affect your warranty? I am thinkg about installing a StaSis exhaust in mine.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Well, I had it installed at the Audi dealership where I bought the car. They mentioned nothing about it voiding the full warrantee on the car, and since then have honored the warranty for other items. So it didn't affect that, at least at this dealership. There is no dealer warranty on the aftermarket exhaust part like there would be on the OEM exhaust, so if it fails early, it's up to me to go back to PPI, but that's fair. Their labor to install it was warranteed, so if that was faulty they would make it right.

They also installed the H&R springs similarly.

mt

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well, I had it installed at the Audi dealership where I bought the car. They mentioned nothing about it voiding the full warrantee on the car, and since then have honored the warranty for other items. So it didn't affect that, at least at this dealership. There is no dealer warranty on the aftermarket exhaust part like there would be on the OEM exhaust, so if it fails early, it's up to me to go back to PPI, but that's fair. Their labor to install it was warranteed, so if that was faulty they would make it right.

They also installed the H&R springs similarly.

mt
Thanks MT. It appears to be an individual dealer thing. You need to check out the StaSis exhaust sound on Youtube.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Got another new R8 enthusiast here - here we are a a local "Caffeine and Octane" car meet. And my NSX trying to get in on the hot R8 attention...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts