Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Audi R8 Performance RWD (ETA March 2023)
146 Posts
I am starting to feel a very similar way, I also generally like a newer car with its tightness and crispness over an older car. Is yours a custom order or inventory?
Can't beat the feeling of new, especially delivery day. I mean good chance the Gen 1s stay where they are and even continue to appreciate, where a new 22 will go through it's depreciation cycle. But I rather not hold the bag in case market corrects. Honestly even getting service records on the vehicles I was looking at was a pain in itself, plus trying to get a decent warranty that will cover things like mag ride/engine was another headache since the only real option for us here is Audi Aftercare - where the US folks atleast have Fidelity as an option.

I did a new factory order since there is really no unspoken RWD inventory. I only know of one or two AWD units that were unspoken for, unsure if they got a buyer yet (December delivery)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Everyone,

This is a surreal post but me and my dad have been thinking about getting an Audi R8. We know that this may be the last chance to ever get a brand new one.

So my question to you is... what to do?

So far we contacted someone at a dealership here in Ontario (Windsor) who seems to sell many R8's. He has been helpful in talking to us and giving us some numbers, delivery dates etc. He is saying for 5 K down, we can order the car (basically approve and sign off on a deal for monthly payments etc and then give the 5 down) and he will submit an allocation in hopes of getting one. When secured he says it should be arriving march ish of 2022 (which we are fine with I am hoping it comes after April 2022 so I would be done school). Before we go in and talk to him, can someone give us advice on current MSRP reductions (If any and how to get it), should I lease then buyout or finance from the start, how and what does Audi exclusive entail and how can I make sure I get my choice in stuff and not the dealer saying nah not possible to much work.

Please let me know.

My dream spec is some kind of orange exterior and a orange/black interior.
Or a luxury one with Kemora grey exterior and tan interior...
Thank you!
MAke sure you get it ASAP. Trudeau has this nice luxury tax of 20% that should be coming into effect in January.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
MAke sure you get it ASAP. Trudeau has this nice luxury tax of 20% that should be coming into effect in January.
Agree its likely going into effect Dec 2021. I am hoping since my order is a sold order, ive already got approved for the financing etc and its a set in stone deal that they find a loophole where tax isn't added at the end because of a spring delivery.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Finally received my allocation! Initially placed a order back in sep 2021, at a different dealer. By Nov chances seem slimmed at that dealer so I placed a deposit at two high volume dealers here in the GTA (In November (22nd to be exact)) and on Feb 18 they got their February allocation and I now officially have a comm # with it saying factory submitted, some production dates (ETA etc) I am posting as well below.

Special thanks to:
Roger (RNLabas) he not only helped me understand the process on how to order, but he would also take my phone calls despite him being in the states and helping me get more information on Audi exclusive and speccing my car.

ezmaass For convincing me to go for new versus used

MHenry who has been keeping me updated with his order and give me insight on what his sales person says, I hope next allocation goes to him...

Need2speed for showing me the good Kemora grey and red specs.

MatS for the only person to show me how blue interior looks in the R8 (and ultimately realizing red or palomino was better on Kemora)

and many more on this wonderful forum.
Font Rectangle Darkness Paper Document

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Congrats! It's going to be a long summer waiting for the car to arrive but it will be worth the wait. Nice colour choices as well...red leather is my fav 👍
Forgot to mention you as well my friend appreciate the many responses etc from the many questions I asked, if you are in Ontario we definitely should meet up once I get it!

·
Registered
2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus
183 Posts
Forgot to mention you as well my friend appreciate the many responses etc from the many questions I asked, if you are in Ontario we definitely should meet up once I get it!
Unfortunately I'm way out on the west coast but definitely looking forward to seeing it! Awesome timing to grab one of the last V10's that will be produced...you are going to love that engine. Start saving for an exhaust...you will want one after having the stock car for a while... even if you have the OEM sport exhaust ;)

·
Registered
2023 Audi R8 Performance RWD (ETA March 2023)
146 Posts
My pleasure brother, and congrats again! It's fun to be on the same timeline/journey together. Looking forward to seeing your beast and getting together in the summer (should I hopefully get some news this month)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dont forget that Dougie said that we don't have to pay to use the 412 and 418 tolls hwy LOL... election season is so fun.
Hopefully buck a beer will get rid of front plates by the time your baby arrives!

I was actually going to go your route in Oct and then by some sort of miracle a new RWD with my specs shows up and I bought it on the spot!

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hopefully buck a beer will get rid of front plates by the time your baby arrives!

I was actually going to go your route in Oct and then by some sort of miracle a new RWD with my specs shows up and I bought it on the spot!

Congrats!
Ordered without front license plate bracket. Will not put front license plates on I can guarantee that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
congrats jetfire953 on the r8,

Just wanted to know if anyone else placed a order in nov 2021, canada or ontario, canada get any updates,

The dealer i was dealing with said:

"I am sorry to say but I do not think I will be able to get you an R8.

Right now our store has many more orders than allocation even going forward into 2023.

We can wait and see if we get enough allocation but to be honest it looks like we will more than likely not be able to fill your order.

Please let me know if you want your deposit back and I will get you a refund right away."

Any info helps. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus
183 Posts
congrats jetfire953 on the r8,

Just wanted to know if anyone else placed a order in nov 2021, canada or ontario, canada get any updates,

The dealer i was dealing with said:

"I am sorry to say but I do not think I will be able to get you an R8.

Right now our store has many more orders than allocation even going forward into 2023.

We can wait and see if we get enough allocation but to be honest it looks like we will more than likely not be able to fill your order.

Please let me know if you want your deposit back and I will get you a refund right away."

Any info helps. Thanks
Really? That's interesting. I'm in Canada and just a couple months ago I kicked tires on ordering a brand new R8. If this was going to be the final production year for the V10 (dealer could not confirm or deny), I thought it might be a good time to buy. The salesman 'guaranteed' me an allocation with a $5k deposit. He actually had one available immediately as another customer backed out - but it was not to my liking (spyder) so I passed. They were also super hungry for me to trade in my gen 1. I'm still not entirely sold on the gen 2 and prefer the looks of the gen 1, but it's tempting to go brand new and have an opportunity to spec one of the last v10 supercars.

I'm guessing there's more competition at dealers in Toronto/Ontario than there is in western Canada where I'm located. Have you done your diligence and contacted other dealerships including out of province? It shouldn't be that hard to get one ...good luck on your search.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts