Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Tracktimes

Aston: 1:44,9
Audi: 1:39,9
Porsche: 1:43,5

Aston had an automatic gearbox Sportshift and Bridgestone Potenza RE 050A tyres
Audi was a manual with magnetic ride and Pirelli P Zero tryes
Porsche was a manual PASM dampers and Potenza RE 050A tyres

Porsche had ceramic brakes! R8 standard brakes! Look at the differences in brakeperformance. The Porsche is lighter too than the R8, but performance is not better!

And on the testcircuit the R8 corneringspeed was in average 5 to 10km higher than the AVM or Porsche!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Personally I like the overall performance, brake performance and the track time!!

I'm certain I'll love this car. 2 months waiting now :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quilty - thanks for post. Questions: source of your data, is R8 rtronic or manual, is C4 a tip or manual, assume AM is manual. I love the R8's numbers.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quilty - thanks for post. Questions: source of your data, is R8 rtronic or manual, is C4 a tip or manual, assume AM is manual. I love the R8's numbers.
I'll have to check it, I'll come back to you asap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's a very positive review, placing the R8 2nd against a C4S, and above the XKR, AMV8 & M6 in that order. Times (in MPH) were 0-30: 1.7s, 0-60: 4.4s, 0-100: 10.5s, 0-120: 15.2s, 0-150: 27.5s.
Economy seems poor at 15.5mpg average (against 23.9 for the Porsche), giving a range of 250 miles.
Weight is given as 1560kg, but that seems to be the manufacturers figure, not as measured by the tester. They complain about the brake pedal position, brake fade, the gated gear change & fuel consumption. But they like the steering, handling, comfort & looks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I edited my post! The R8 was with magnetic ride! And the Porsche 4S had ceramic brakes! And than still slower times than the R8? :) W00t. And not only that, the brakeway of the standard R8 brakes are better than the warm ceramic Porsche brakes!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aston had an automatic gearbox Sportshift and Bridgestone Potenza RE 050A tyres
Audi was a manual with magnetic ride and Pirelli P Zero tryes
Porsche was a manual PASM dampers and Potenza RE 050A tyres

Porsche had ceramic brakes! R8 standard brakes! Look at the differences in brakeperformance. The Porsche is lighter too than the R8, but performance is not better!

And on the testcircuit the R8 corneringspeed was in average 5 to 10km higher than the AVM or Porsche!
How longer I look at the figures how more impressive they are!

And what if the information of Kreso is correct, the R8 will be even faster without the magnetic ride!!

·
Registered
564 Posts

Guilty - not sure if you answered it.. but first question of SFR8 was... "what is your source of data..???" where did u see this comparison?

thanks and nice hols to you all!
c

·
Registered
772 Posts
Autocar suggests R8 not much faster than C4s despite extra power. No more than 0.3s difference all the way up to 150 mph. Also says C4S stops 4m shorter from 70 mph in the dry but does not say if ceramics or standard brakes. R8 could do with a diet me thinks - lose 100kg say!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guilty - not sure if you answered it.. but first question of SFR8 was... "what is your source of data..???" where did u see this comparison?

thanks and nice hols to you all!
c
I bought the magazine Auto Review. It is Dutch, but the cars where German, so I think they shared the information with a German magazine.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Autocar suggests R8 not much faster than C4s despite extra power. No more than 0.3s difference all the way up to 150 mph. Also says C4S stops 4m shorter from 70 mph in the dry but does not say if ceramics or standard brakes. R8 could do with a diet me thinks - lose 100kg say!
That's strange!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I guess you have to take every test with a pinch of salt. These guys do not always carry out these things totally scientifically, often the cars arent even tested at the same time or location and they are particularly poor at comparing like with like e.g. making sure both cars have ceramics or standard brakes.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess you have to take every test with a pinch of salt. These guys do not always carry out these things totally scientifically, often the cars arent even tested at the same time or location and they are particularly poor at comparing like with like e.g. making sure both cars have ceramics or standard brakes.
I know, but I also know these cars where tested at the same time! Still the figures are good for the R8. Remember all R8's are young and not completely run in cars!

·
Registered
564 Posts
some testers might not even by very neutral with their opinion.. they maybe like porsches more etc... you have to take all tests ever done and find a good middle way..

btw - AMS is showing their R8 - 4CS comparison next weekend @ VOX 17:00 CET

·
Registered
564 Posts
I dont even really care with how much seconds we beat porsche or not.. and that we have good brakes is the important thing... hey, Gallardo SL is not even really much lighter then R8, bout 30 kg if I am not mistaken..?? that was the best comparison imho - "Sport Auto" issue from this month.

anyway, its now approx. 7 weeks to delivery.. and counting... and I will love to drive around the noses of those flat beetles from rüsselsheim.. they polluted the trafficimage long enough with their 30year old silhouettes... :D :D ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont even really care with how much seconds we beat porsche or not.. and that we have good brakes is the important thing... hey, Gallardo SL is not even really much lighter then R8, bout 30 kg if I am not mistaken..?? that was the best comparison imho - "Sport Auto" issue from this month.

anyway, its now approx. 7 weeks to delivery.. and counting... and I will love to drive around the noses of those flat beetles from rüsselsheim.. they polluted the trafficimage long enough with their 30year old silhouettes... :D :D ;)
LOL! Indeed... Porsche is for me so dull to look at!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts