Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Been way behind on getting involved in the community here but thought I would get something on the inter webs while I lay here leaching booze from some poor decisions last night.

I traded in my 697whp M3 (very involved build, happy to chat more about it if anyone cares) earlier this year and grabbed a Camo Green v10 +. Not a lot of modifications yet, but will definitely have some fun with this car.

Current Mods

21” rear, 20” front, 2 piece Brixton Forged VL4 wheels in Olympic Bronze

Vorsteiner rear wing

Vorsteiner front lip

Ryft titanium exhaust

I drive all of my cars pretty hard, already have over 10,000km on the R8, it was a brand new purchase so I’ve been driving the beans out of it. It has been driven to Cali for a Shift Sector event (156mph 1/2 mile ultra consistent on Cali 91 octane) and I’ve done probably 6 drag nights at our local drag strip.

The car is a blast and functions as my daily for about 60% of the time.

Excited to become a stronger member of this community!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hah! I just realized I may have introduced myself a few months ago and completely forgot that I did that.

The car looks way better now so maybe this is more of an update post than a new member post.... oops.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, congratulations, all the same. The wheels are beautiful, but the car doesn't look green in the photos. I'm curious if you have another angle with different lighting.
Yes - the colour does not look traditional green, it’s kind of wild. Audi calls the colour Camouflage Green. It almost looks grey in some light, and metallic green in other light.

I am not sure if I am allowed to link to non vendors on this forum, but if you go to Brixton Forged’s website and check out their galleries and there is one noted as “grey r8 gen 2”, that is my car, with some great high res photos.

And yah, they noted it as grey as people kept messaging them saying it wasn’t green so rather than deal with countless BS DM’s trying to correct them they just changed it to say grey. It’s kind of grey-ish?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Crazy! I love everything you’ve done with it - especially the wheels. Great choice.

And welcome ... again ... (haha)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I remember you from M3 forum and the exhaust post you put up. that company based out of Canada does amazing work for exhaust. I just sold my M3 and M5 to pick up an Audi V10+ 2017 hope to get the same exhaust.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Beautiful car , wheels look very nice . it's nice to see another R8 that is used like it meant to be , not stored in the garage all the time

·
Registered
381 Posts
Saw your car at shift sector, love that color. It was hard to tell if your car was black or dark green when looking at different angles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah is for all the compliments gents - been a few weeks since I’ve logged in.

installed a KW HAS kit on the weekend. Needs an alignment (being done now) and a bit of camber then I think I’m good for visual stuff.

now just to stumble into a couple extra 10k stacks to pay for those turbos...

·
Registered
264 Posts
cars looks great lowered like that

·
Registered
264 Posts
It was super easy to install H&R springs on my car , I've done it myself . The hardest part was to find the correct spring compressor to remove the oem springs

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Yah is for all the compliments gents - been a few weeks since I’ve logged in.

installed a KW HAS kit on the weekend. Needs an alignment (being done now) and a bit of camber then I think I’m good for visual stuff.

now just to stumble into a couple extra 10k stacks to pay for those turbos... View attachment 245008
Like your wheels, stance is too low for where I live unfortunately.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Gold wheels... looks nice not for me I'm too old fashion but for people that like the bling bling should be amazing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts