Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,i'm Cem from Turkey and have a phantom black '08 R8.After selling my 997 tt, i decided to try R8 and so far i'm very happy with my car.
I joined a track day yesterday in korfez race track in istanbul.The track performance of the car was more than i expected.I changed my mind yesterday about R8.It's not only a great looking car but also it's absolutely a great track car :D Hope you enjoy the photos,nice to be here :)

My old 997 tt Techart

·
Registered
42 Posts
OMG Cem, the turbo looks great, was it manual or triptronic, i am just waiting for the facelift one with PDK to come out, thats definatley the next car for me...tha gearbox is amazing.

Glad your liking the R8 though, i have a friend with the 997 turbo and the difference in performace between that and the R8 is huge, i know its not fair to compare the two cars but as you've experienced both i was just wondering what your take on it was?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately my turbo was a tip and it was the most irritating part of the car for me,it's clear that Rtronic is a far more succesful transmision.
Ofcourse it's not fair comparing these 2 cars.One is black and the other one is white :)
Turbo might be a really fast car but in my opinion,driving R8 is funnier than turbo.Track times of the R8 was almost same with turbo.The difference was only 300 miliseconds.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Funny how the Turkish license plates looks like the European one.

Congrats on your car. Enjoy in good health. ;)

ps: I am also from Turkey, well was born there, parents left when I was 2. Eventually went back for business in construction with an uncle, stayed around 5 years from 02 to 07, made enough to retire and came back. Great country but to live there, you have to grow up there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts