Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have been browsing this forum for quite some time now. I currently drive a 2018 bmw m5 which is a lease and has 7 months left. The monthly payments is $1563. The reason why my lease is so expensive is because I got this car when bmw just released the new awd m5. I am trying to get out of the lease. My options are obviously either to buyout the lease which is $85,700.73 but if a dealer chooses to buy the car out it would be $79,584.55 because they do not have to pay for sales tax or I can post it on swapalease. So far the best deal I got on the car was $70,000 along with 6k off their rws r8. I am still shopping around with other used car dealers to see their best offer. If I don't get a reasonable offer I will post the car up on swapalease. Before I had the m5 I owned a 2015 nissan gtr black edition fbo with flex fuel pushing around 630whp. How's the ride in the rws r8 compared to a gtr? I heard that the rws r8 ride comfort is stiff compared to the awd version. I will be driving the car about almost everyday to work and back. Approximately 50-60miles a day as long as it doesn't snow. I can't wait to meet the rest of the community and learn more about the car!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a FBO GTR and now a RWS, I daily it but I dont put anywhere near 50-60 miles a day on it. I could prob DD anything so I might now be the best opinion but I think its pretty easy. You're running out of time on that lease swap, BMW doesnt allow you swap the lease after 6 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I did not know that, but thankfully the dealer that I am getting the r8 from is giving me 72k for my m5 and 6k off the r8. Might as well take that since there are minor cosmetic damages that needs to be fixed if I return the lease. I got approved for a loan but I think the rate is a little bit high. I got approved for 4.27% for 60 months for a loan of 85k with Bank of America. The dealer was trying to help me find a good rate with one of the banks they work with, but it seems like they are taking their sweet ass time to get me approved. I filled my credit application on their dealer website at 11am yesterday. At 5:30pm they still didn't get me approved yet which I thought was fishy, but if the dealer doesn't get me a rate by today I will just go with what I was approved for. I already got the insurance for the car. Hopefully the beast will be mine tonight!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Following, since I've been lurking on here and am interested in the RWS, particularly on how the fixed suspension rides vs. the magnetic. Seems like the RWS and the non-plus (slightly higher miles) are similarly priced at the moment, and I understand that it's a tradeoff of exclusivity of the RWS vs. the typically better equipped non-plus with carbon sideblades and engine cover. I come from a Jag F-Type R, Audi B9 S4, 991.1 C2S and currently have an i8. I've seen a couple RWS postings on the east coast, and would be curious on the pricing that you get (after you've signed, of course.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes will do! My older brother had an i8 and he often let me drive the car. I will give my review on how it compares to my 2018 m5, 2015 fbo gtr, and my brothers 2016 i8 in terms of ride comfort, power, and handling. I will also post pics some pics once I finally get the car. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update. I already got the car. The r8 was listed for 131,000 at ferrari and maserati of Long Island. They gave me 6k off the r8 and I took a 7.5k loss for the m5. But regardless I saved money on the insurance of the car versus the m5.
Pros: The car handles a lot better then I expected. I drove it to work today and the highway I take has a decent amount of bumps/potholes. Didn't feel the bumps as much as I did in the gtr. So a lot more comfortable a 2015 gtr. Obviously the v10 and occasionally the attention, but its going to eventually get annoying.
Cons: I felt like the car has very little room for storage. Can't but much stuff behind the seat or the trunk. Less power then my m5 and gtr. Doesn't have the suspension lift.\
I will post pics later today! But in the mean time this is the car I picked up. Its still on the dealer website. Pre-Owned 2018 Audi R8 Coupe V10 RWD RWD 2D Coupe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! Enjoying every second of the car. I look forward to driving to work everyday. About 50-60 miles a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts