Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go a different direction for my R8, up for grabs is a brand new set of OEM Performance Parts wheels, still in the box.

Asking $6800 for the set.

Shipping costs we can discuss, local pickup is in Torrance, CA.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in LA, just curious. I have a 2018 plus, with the Plus wheels, what is the difference comparing my wheels to these
"Audi performance" wheels you have for sale? do you have anything else might use on my car?

available that i

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am in LA, just curious. I have a 2018 plus, with the Plus wheels, what is the difference comparing my wheels to these
"Audi performance" wheels you have for sale? do you have anything else might use on my car?

View attachment 261648 available that i
These are 8 kg lighter by weight which at speed translates to about a 30kg weight saving in unsprung mass.

I forget the way it’s calculated but some Audi engineer explained it to me.

I think these wheels look great !

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
How much do they weigh (fronts and rears)?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'd be interested if you can muster up some more information on the wheels. Bore, weight, size, etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'd be interested if you can muster up some more information on the wheels. Bore, weight, size, etc.
The performance parts wheels are:

PCD: 5x112
Centre Bore: 57.1mm
Front size: 20x8.5 ET42
Rear size: 20x11 ET47

They never formally released the weight of each wheel but as a set they were confirmed to "save about 8kg in all-important unsprung mass" as per the official audi statement. So considering the stock R8 wheels are pretty light these days anyway that would suggest these wheels are in the 8-9kg range each, which makes sense as they are "milled aluminium", which I read as essentially forged.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I wonder if they weigh less than the split 5 Fuchs? Fronts weigh 20.28 lbs or 9.2kg.
I wish they were 19s in the end, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, I didn’t have post reply notifications on, had no idea people were responding!

Seems like most of the q’s were answered and on the weight, looks like 9.5-10kg per wheel based on that video above. I’ll get some more pics up shortly, was trying to avoid opening the other sealed boxes.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

View attachment 261648 available that i
They're lighter & in my opinion, look better than the stock wheels. They're designed to look like the R8 GT3 wheels which I think look awesome, and these look equally as awesome.

Other things, I have a new carbon front sway bar, new gt4 side blades and possibly a new performance parts v1 kit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They're lighter & in my opinion, look better than the stock wheels. They're designed to look like the R8 GT3 wheels which I think look awesome, and these look equally as awesome.

Other things, I have a new carbon front sway bar, new gt4 side blades and possibly a new performance parts v1 kit.
Lemme know if you’re considering selling the wing from the performance parts kit separately

·
Registered
232 Posts
The only way I’m considering selling that kit would be if it’s the complete kit. Too much of a headache trying to sell individual pieces.
For sure. No worries. Thought I would shoot my shot haha.

Reactions: td1garage
1 - 20 of 21 Posts