Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I collected my car over a month ago, loving it so far, drive her everyday.........

I looked at many other R8's prior to purchasing and was shocked at the condition some of these cars were presented in! :(

One thing that kept on cropping up was oxidation present to the leading edge of the bonnet and rear arches.

At least 3 cars 2007 and 2008 cars had this.

I wondered if this was due to a badly repaired or un repaired stone chips allowing air/water to reach the aluminum?

My car is in perfect condition and does not have any oxidation issues but is there a good way of preventing this happening? By the way, im not going to consider "car bras" (look garbage) or paint film protection as like to clean/detail/wax my car regulary.

Cheers

Ben in the UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Ben
Im one step behind you.
looked at 3 cars with either corrosion or badly presented (here in UK)
Still on the look out for the perfect one - if you see any nice ones message me!
Post some pics up of your new baby!
cheers
Dan

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've a perfect example for sale if your interested 2009 (59 plate) 22000 full Audi service history Kingfisher Blue (Very Rare Colour) Every option fitted Carbon Engine bay, LED's fitted to engine bay, Carbon Side blades, Carbon Interior, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Electric/Heated seats, Electric Folding Mirrors, Extended Leather, Alcantara Headling, Mag Ride, B&O Stereo/Speakers, Automatic/Paddle Shift Gearbox, Graphite Grey Wheels.
pm if your interested?

Selling due to needing a more practicle car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
59 plate means its a 2009 car - each year we have 2 x issued registration (licence) plate changes to signify another year.
so there is an 09 plate and later in the year a 59 plate.

Hard to explain unless you know the UK system.

basically its a late 2009/ 2010 car.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
59 plate means its a 2009 car - each year we have 2 x issued registration (licence) plate changes to signify another year.
so there is an 09 plate and later in the year a 59 plate.

Hard to explain unless you know the UK system.

basically its a late 2009/ 2010 car.
In the US is it a 2010 car.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
The UK system is a bit odd as they dont run year to year - they cross years and change plates every 6months if im correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts