Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a very exciting day today as I have put my pain to rest
I have been in the market to buy a Performance Car for the past 7 months.I always wanted a R8 but when I first saw one in the dealer the sticker price of $270k Australian dollars made me draw breath. I then thought the Porsche Cayman S would full fill my dreams.I originally placed a deposit on the upcoming facelift back in Feb.I expected delivery around this October but was told that I would have to wait until April 09.Got my deposit back and went to a possible plan b which was a M.B SLK 55 amg.In all of this I always kept coming back to the R8.I took both a manual and R tronic for a test drive and preferred the manual due to I guess a bit more sporty nature and the slightly amiss ability of the auto in heavy stop go traffic.I made the decision a couple of weeks ago that my dream was really to buy a r8.I then had the difficult decision of colours,interiors etc and came across just what I was looking for.A April 08 build which is white in colour,manual,carbon side blade,nappa leather and B.O.sound upgrade.I managed to get a 11% discount on RRP.The car is located at a dealer 1500kmhs away so I will be flying there tomorrow to run it in and drive back home.
I would be most grateful if any members could advise on the best way to run these engines in and any other tips.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congratulations !

Just follow the run in instructions in the manual and you will be OK.

Ignore any heavy white smoke when the car starts from cold. This is normal and will disappear once you have 1,000 miles or so on it.

Other than that, ENJOY !

·
Registered
30 Posts
I should move to Australia. Still a long line here, although stock market is going down the toilet, maybe the line/wait will be shorter
You may think it would be good, but even with the 11% discount, it still costs around 200k USD, where one here in 6 sperd with some options is in the low 120s. Plus Australia has some really gay rules regarding cars.. they say it's to come down on the jap ricer scene, which has been linked to many hit and run muders during impromptu late night car gatherings, but some of the laws go way too far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts