Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

It certainly looks good, but I would have to retrofit the V10+ into it someway!

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
That's the PB18 concept - not the next R8. There have been a string of articles in the last 24 hours speculating whether an Audi exec's recent comment should be interpreted as there will be an electric R8, hybrid R8, or just "there'll be another R8." Silly speculation based on literally a few sentences.

Either way, the PB18 has been around for a while - I doubt any successor would look anything like it. It's a shooting brake design with some crazy concepts such as a seat that slides into the center position, etc.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i was never a fan of electric vehicles. R8s were meant to be terrorizing the streets with their engine roars that will always be music to anyone's ears. plus electrics are for home appliances like toasters, microwaves etc LOL

·
Registered
309 Posts
Had a friend go for a test drive in a Taycan while in for service. He came back speechless. Said he's "seen the future" and is sold on electric. Tried to describe the sound jet/turbo and found an audiophile online. I think I can appreciate both sides. I think we're getting to the point where HP/Torque are irrelevant.
Taycan motor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts