Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a suspicion that it leaks a clear faint smelling fluid — maybe pentosin? I let it idle the day I bought it and noticed a puddle the next morning.
Pentosin makes a variety of fluids. Any color to it? What's the viscosity feel like between the fingers? Any chance it was A/C condensate?

·
Registered
337 Posts
That’s weird part. No color, didn’t feel as slippery as typical auto fluids. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me?? Only thing is, I can see a shadow of where the puddle was and it dried to a whit-ish haze. I called Vroom about that, the driver door, and the second key losing its programming. They said they’ll extend the 7 day period and cut a check if anything is wrong so we will see. Dealer appointment next Friday.
Hopefully they will cover whatever the dealer says is needed. I doubt they want the car back to start all over with another buyer. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think the really big one is them covering what the dealer finds mechanically. I'd have it over and in progress for a full fix up ASAP. I'd push on them to have the dealer take care of the paint too. That would be a reasonable path for all parties. Hope it works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts