Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I’ve been active on the R8 Enthusiast facebook group but wanted to drop by here and say how much help this site has been while researching what spec R8 I wanted.
I saw this one on Vroom and bought sight unseen due to the low price and many options. I think this car belonged to yellowpad years ago and I am hoping to connect with him before my money back guarantee ends so I can learn more about the history but can’t send PMs yet. If anyone can help connect us, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great color! What’s it called? Never seen it before

Some black badges and front black optics grille (if it doesn’t have it) will give this a modern classy look in my opinion. Oh and don’t forget the black windshield frame, a must on all Spyders especially if blacking out . Can be easily wrapped for next to nothing $$$
The window sticker doesn’t say, just that it’s an Audi special color. I’ll look for the paint code and let you know! My original plan was to wrap the whole car but the front is already PPF’d and the color looks even better in person.

Front grille is stock for now and I’m with you on the blackout look. I wonder how hard it is to make the engine vents black too. 🤔

·
Registered
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vroom is really steppin up their game. not the best experience but definetly great value both on purchases and trades.
Hit the nail on the head. The delivery guy was nice but the folks in the main office don’t communicate with each other, the car has way more scratches worse than what was disclosed and there are 2 foot long haze marks on the driver door.
I have a suspicion that it leaks a clear faint smelling fluid — maybe pentosin? I let it idle the day I bought it and noticed a puddle the next morning.

·
Registered
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pentosin makes a variety of fluids. Any color to it? What's the viscosity feel like between the fingers? Any chance it was A/C condensate?
That’s weird part. No color, didn’t feel as slippery as typical auto fluids. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me?? Only thing is, I can see a shadow of where the puddle was and it dried to a whit-ish haze. I called Vroom about that, the driver door, and the second key losing its programming. They said they’ll extend the 7 day period and cut a check if anything is wrong so we will see. Dealer appointment next Friday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts