Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a few posts concerning a failed R8 Registry.

The BMW M Registry is designed and maintained by BMW. It is nicely designed in that you can create your login, maintain your data and post pictures. I just fired off a message to ACNA to see if they would consider hosting one for us (even, perhaps, a S-Line Registry) and if I don't get anywhere there, I'll try Audi AG directly - if BMW does it.... If they both blow me off, I can create something similar and host it on my web server as read-only. We don't have as many cars so after the initial glut of entries, it should be manageable. Here's the M Registry.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=2822

Take a look. Post your comments. All of the info is public domain. What else would you like to see in a R8 Registry?

Summer will soon be here in the desert and I will be spending a little more "indoor time" as the days heat up and the A/C comes on! And, unless I die suddenly and unexpectedly, I will be sure to pass it on to someone!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Count me in. I would like to be the second R8 behind you.:)

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, I'm in

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I registered the domain "AudiR8Registry.com" and created a web page for our registry. As soon as we can find a "full featured" site willing to host it, I can transfer the domain. http://audir8registry.com/

No security (username/password) on this site. I am referencing your R8TALK username so if someone wants to contact you, they can do so through R8TALK.

Will it work? Send me some pics & data and I'll give it the smoke test!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Summer will soon be here in the desert and I will be spending a little more "indoor time" as the days heat up and the A/C comes on! And, unless I die suddenly and unexpectedly, I will be sure to pass it on to someone!
Just in case you die suddenly from the dessert heat, can you put your R8 in the will for me. I feel responsible to take care of my twin

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just in case you die suddenly from the dessert heat, can you put your R8 in the will for me. I feel responsible to take care of my twin
I appreciate the kind gesture mdc... but I think they're going to have to bury me in it (it kind of buried me to get INTO it so I figure that's fair LOL)!:eek:

MDC - send me your car data & any pics you want posted.

RS4CAB & MIKEB - entered & updated this morning - check it out!

HARRISON - I posed the pics but need the detail on your car (can you remember everything you've done to it?

Just a note for pics, be sure to send the biggest & best. They will look great on the registry pages.

Cheers!

www.audir8registry.com

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Oh, I REMEMBER alright! Let me see if these 245s and 305s will fit first (with the 10 mm spacers).When will Scott be driving his R 8 on a track? I waited one year to learn the car by myself. Excuses , excuses. I should have done an Audi experience BEFORE puchasing . NEXT super-car ! Scott, can the slideshows/pics be seen in FULL SCREEN ? Is Desparado going to display his luggage kit on this new site?? Joke Ha Ha.:cool: :) :D Would you show a link for my video? Scott , It just dawned on me , WE could put a viddy together at Mt. Lemmon.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, I REMEMBER alright! Let me see if these 245s and 305s will fit first (with the 10 mm spacers).When will Scott be driving his R 8 on a track?
I don't think so but I'd drive Audi's car though!

can the slideshows/pics be seen in FULL SCREEN? Would you show a link for my video?.
I don't have any control over the slide size but the pics can me made bigger (indidually) by selecting "Download." And, yes, I can add a link to your video on your profile page when I update your data.

Only several thousand cars to go? :)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
C O O O O O L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :cool:

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
I just quickly grabbed a couple shots of my car that I had on my computer, Can we change our pictures? Just found some professional hi definition pictures of my car online from the Supercars show and rally I did two weeks ago. With about a hundred exotics there my car got a lot of love from the camera, Pictures on page 21,22,25,26
http://octavianboca.smugmug.com/gallery/10197154_QAYP5#P-21-12

example:

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just quickly grabbed a couple shots of my car that I had on my computer, Can we change our pictures? Just found some professional hi definition pictures of my car online from the Supercars show and rally I did two weeks ago. With about a hundred exotics there my car got a lot of love from the camera, Pictures on page 21,22,25,26
http://octavianboca.smugmug.com/gallery/10197154_QAYP5#P-21-12
Sure, I can crop out the "Octavian Boc.." - just let me know which pics.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Can we post up my spin clip? If so I'll send it WITH the missing info.Going to tire shop . Be right back. :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts