Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have recently replaced my 2014 R8 V10. I always loved the look of the Stasis wheels. When I had the opportunity to purchase a set, I jumped at the chance. Unfortunately, when these were originally manufactured, the carbon ceramic brakes were not an option. The hub of the Stasis wheel does not mate flush with the carbon ceramic disc. So after purchasing new tires and mounting them on the car, we discovered this issue. They are in new condition as you can see from the photos. They even received a ceramic coating before the tires were mounted. This is a rare opportunity for someone with steel brakes. Please don't bother if you have carbon ceramic brakes unless you are willing to machine the hubs on the wheels to mate with the discs. $4,000 plus shipping from Las Vegas, NV (buyer to arrange based on shipper preference, level of insurance, etc...) - Add 4% to cover fees for paypal or similar. Please contact me with questions or for more information. Joe [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's in the photos if you zoom in - Mich Pilot Sport, but question is how old are these tires?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
It's in the photos if you zoom in - Mich Pilot Sport, but question is how old are these tires?
Zooming in also shows the age as 2016. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There have been several questions posed regarding these wheels/tires, so I will address them now. Upon inspection, the tires are 2016 based on my review of the date stamps. I believe I purchased them new in 2018 from Discount Tire. Before mounting the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, when the wheels were new, they were ceramically coated along with the R8 and the Pur wheels, which were already on the R8. I planned to swap the wheels as I love the look of the Stasis wheels. Then I discovered the issue with the carbon-ceramic brakes. The wheels/tires were kept in a climate-controlled environment. They are not hard or cracked. They will likely be suitable for typical commuting. If you track your car, please change the rubber. As far as sizes of the tires, Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/30/ZR20 in front and 325/25/ZR20 in the rear. They also have the TPMS installed. They should be plug-n-play. I rarely see these come up for sale. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I will include a dropbox link to the original photos so that you can view them easier. Joe

Stasis Wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.