Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Car play is installed (factory package). Not worth the $ IMHO.

Since we can't do touch screen, there is a limit to what you can do. Then when you try to call, it says that you can't call MMI so the phone button on the steering wheel becomes useless.

YMMV
Can it display waze? I doubt it but thats the dream

·
Registered
404 Posts
Car play is installed (factory package). Not worth the $ IMHO.

Since we can't do touch screen, there is a limit to what you can do. Then when you try to call, it says that you can't call MMI so the phone button on the steering wheel becomes useless.

YMMV
Can it display waze? I doubt it but thats the dream
Yes, it can! It attenuates my music and notifies me when cops are ahead as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2018 V10 Plus and CarPlay does not work for me either.

Tried at dealership with multiple cables, phones etc.

Only fix is to bring is for service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I have a 2018 V10 Plus and CarPlay does not work for me either.

Tried at dealership with multiple cables, phones etc.

Only fix is to bring is for service.
Are you saying you took it to your dealer for service and they fixed it? We know the only fix is for service, the problem is the fix that needs to be applied during service has not been announced or prior your message, wasn't available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry didn't bring it to service yet. There are no campaigns on the R8 confirmed by service manager.

I have no clues how we can get CarPlay on our 2018 and it's very frustrating.

It's not just the RWS models, as a 2018 V10 Spyder has the same issue as well.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Sorry didn't bring it to service yet. There are no campaigns on the R8 confirmed by service manager.

I have no clues how we can get CarPlay on our 2018 and it's very frustrating.

It's not just the RWS models, as a 2018 V10 Spyder has the same issue as well.
There is a bulletin. Any MY2018 R8 I believe manufactured after August (I might be off here, could be a few months earlier) has an issue with Carplay and the rear view camera acitvating. Because of this, they were shipped with Carplay disabled. The fix is for Audi to fix whatever issue there is with the camera & carplay and then apply a software update to the car. Last we heard it was being worked on but there was no timeframe for fix.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If anyone has a bulletin ID or link, would be much appreciated, see if I can share the feedback from dealership.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you all saying it doesn’t work at all? My 2018 Spyder works when connected via usb but not over Bluetooth.

Only looked at it once didn’t look all that great anyway tbh. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Are you all saying it doesn’t work at all? My 2018 Spyder works when connected via usb but not over Bluetooth.

Only looked at it once didn’t look all that great anyway tbh. :rolleyes:

Cheers.
If your car was built early in 2018, it'll work. If your car was built about halfway through the year or later, it will not work at all. Audi, as far as I know, only supports USB CarPlay.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I’m taking mine Monday update was available on my car. Have the dealer check your vin to see if it’s available

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got the update and I can confirm that it is working. I am seeing one problem, where CarPlay connects to the iPhone. The iPhone behaves and reacts like it is connected to CarPlay. The nav, sound.... all are processed through the car, but the display on the dash is blank. This is intermittent and when I turn the car on and off it corrects itself. I am out of town next week, but I am going to swing by the dealership and have them check it out.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts