Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Bentley Publishers website today, and found this notice posted in tiny print at the bottom of the eBahn subscription page (the page where online subscriptions to the service manuals used to live):
As of December 31, 2008 Ebahn is no longer the official website for electronic access to VW and Audi repair information.
Please follow the links provided to access the appropriate new websites:
erwin.vw.com for VW or erwin.audiusa.com for Audi.
They are still selling the CD-ROM version online, I wonder how long that will last?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Interesting ...I was still able to get software support by phone last week (I transferred my Repair Manual to a new computer) and didn't have any problem downloading the updates. Hopefully this will last.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bentley Publishers to increase price of Service Manuals

If you were thinking of getting a service manual, you might want to order before the price increase next month, per the following email:

As a valued partner of Bentley Publishers and our Volkswagen and Audi eBahn DVD-ROM manual program, I wanted to let you know about several changes taking place next month with our eBahn program.

As of April 15, 2009 we are increasing the list price of all of our Volkswagen and Audi eBahn manuals on DVD-ROM from $99.95 to $129.95.

Any orders that we receive before April 15th will go in at the $99.95 price, so this would be an excellent time to stock up ... before the price increase.

You can find a complete list of these manuals by clicking on the links below:
Audi Repair Manuals on DVD-ROM
• <snip>

At this same time, we are also updating any manuals for current production platforms to include 2008 and 2009 model year coverage. <snip>:
Audi R8: 2008-2009 (Bentley Stock No. A427)
• <snip>

All of the current editions of our eBahn manuals are updatable by the user through the program's "Check Web For Updates" function.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Re: Bentley Publishers to increase price of Service Manuals

If you were thinking of getting a service manual, you might want to order before the price increase next month, per the following email:
I got mine! The Update utility is kind of quirky but I have 2008 & 2009 available now.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts

Is this the best manual available ??

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I ordered the ones available on eBay UK but have tried to install it on two different PC's without success. :(
The Bentley one may be quirky but at least it is not gray market and it works.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts

I purchased a tech cd that was supposed to have specs and a manual on the R 8.The closest it got was 4.2 liter specs but for an Audi 4.2 DEISEL. Oh well consider it a donation to the U.K.!:)

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
... I don't have [the Bentley manual] yet because I am waiting for the V10 version to come out.
I realize I'm reviving an old thread, but this seems like the best place to respond to the question.

I don't believe the Bentley manuals will ever support the V10. Their CD-ROM product is still being sold, but I think due to the policy change (see original post) the Bentley product is "stuck" at the 2009 model year. Hence, I decided not to pay the annual renewal fee and am not keeping my subscription updated. I realize this means I don't get current TSBs, but I don't believe the "core" of the service manual is getting any significant updates.

Has anyone purchased and/or updated the Bentley manuals recently and can shed some light on the current status of the content?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm going to take a guess that there is no way that any 'average joe' can get a V10 service manual, ever. Considering now it's completely online, and rather expensive to access.

Anybody have a V10 and the '09 Bentley? Think it would be worth getting the '09 Manual? I'm tempted, but how much is different? For the most part I would suspect that any 'routine' maintenance would be same or very similar between the two cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts