Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to mention it's an R-Tronic with all leather surfaces covered in Mustang Brown leather. This includes the dash, doors, seats, shift knob, and brake release. The inside of the roof is black alcantara and the carpet is black. I hope it turned out as I ordered it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Post some pics when it arrives. I've very curious about your interior. I've ordered Mustang Brown myself, but it's just the seats.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The brown looks classy. but black will be the color for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the images. I based my order on these and other R8 cars I had seen. Also, from talking to the Audi staff in Las Vegas last February when I drove various R8's and looked at all of the leather and paints they had there. I was told I could order anything I wanted as the car was completely hand made to order. The U.S. dealers said I could only order the limited colours. Even the Audi Forum in New York said there were no variations. I was persistent and suggested they communicate with quattro GmbH. Eventually I was told that anything could be done and the order was placed.
I have experienced salesmen who basically did not want to deal with anything other than a basic order. Audi Forum New York had to talk to the
dealer and give them the ordering instructions. Also, the London Audi Forum
was very helpful to me in this process. Unfortunately, Audi does not have this figured out like Bentley does where you have large leather and paint samples and a video monitor to see exactly what you are commissioning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"RESONATE" That combo was what I first saw on a few cars...it's nice, but I felt mine needed some additional relationship to the seats. Look at the other colours (Grey and Luxor Beige) and how they incorporate the seat coulour into the doors. The TT has examples on the Audi site. This is a personal decision and
you should be able to get whatever you want.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was told that ordering anything "exclusive" would delay the delivery of my car for another 2~3 months... being an impatient person, I don't think I can wait that long.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was told that ordering anything "exclusive" would delay the delivery of my car for another 2~3 months... being an impatient person, I don't think I can wait that long.
I feel my R8 came along in a normal time frame as far as R8 production is concerned. I first saw the R8 in December 06 at Design Miami. Went to Las Vegas in February, Connected with dealer in March where I was told #3. Order
was firmed up in October for December production. I do not feel there was any delay with my order...and I get what I wanted.
If you have time you should check with your dealer. It is a special vehicle and it should be uniquely yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts