Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’m picking up my new to me Audi R8 which has 22,300 miles on the clock. The car was my friends and ever since he got it, I knew I wanted to purchase it!

My question to you guys is are the heritage stripes standard equipment or were they an option? I am setting up an appointment to buff/PPF/ceramic coat the entire car and I asked them to remove the stripes. Only issue is will removing the stripes effect the value in the future because I really prefer the cleaner look without them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The stripes were not standard. The option was a $450 option, called "RWS stripe design exterior decals in Misano Red". Some people have removed them and some cars did not come with them from the factory. In terms of whether it devalues it will be up to future buyer. The stripes were put in to align with the history of this car and the tie in to the race series. One some colors it looks better than other. I think on White cars and Daytona Greys it looks better. But this is just up to each individual's taste.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stripes were not standard. The option was a $450 option, called "RWS stripe design exterior decals in Misano Red". Some people have removed them and some cars did not come with them from the factory. In terms of whether it devalues it will be up to future buyer. The stripes were put in to align with the history of this car and the tie in to the race series. One some colors it looks better than other. I think on White cars and Daytona Greys it looks better. But this is just up to each individual's taste.
Good to know and thanks for the information! The stripes don’t look bad but whoever owned it before my friend must have had someone buff The car and they did a number on the stripes which looked dull. As long as they were an option I’m ok with taking them off, thanks again!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just bought an RWS and had the stripes
taken off, then paint corrected/ceramic coated/PPF.
Take them off 🖖

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought an RWS and had the stripes
taken off, then paint corrected/ceramic coated/PPF.
Take them off 🖖
I just took them off a couple of days ago and it only took me 30 minutes. I’m doing the exact same thing this coming Thursday and surprised the original owner didn’t do it...

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have an RWS, no stripe. If its a resale issue down the line, it can always be added. Looks much cleaner without it.

Reactions: JB_R8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an RWS, no stripe. If its a resale issue down the line, it can always be added. Looks much cleaner without it.
I agree, the car looks like a proper sports car without them now! They don’t look bad, they just make it look like an Audi TT 😂😂😂

I don’t like the stripe myself but long term I would assume leaving them alone would be best.
They looked dull anyways so I think I made the right decision to remove them and if the next owner wants them, I will deduct the $450 off the sale price, $130,450.00 😆

1 - 11 of 11 Posts