Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an FI valved exhaust on mine and it's perfect. Not too loud with the valves closed and the perfect volume and pitch when valves are open. More importantly, has a great refined tone.

Is this you? I have come across some reviews by this person before and they are awesome. I love how excited he/you is/are when the exhaust is going off in the back. Haha. That's the identical reaction I have.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On a separate note, has anyone come across/used/heard some of these Chinese exhausts that you can see on Alibaba? At least on pictures they look pretty amazing, especially with the titanium finishes and everything. For example:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Heads up on the Avior. I did before and after dyno with my car using the non-resonated x-pipe. Same dyno, same shop, same conditions. Had an overall hp/tq loss of around 5hp/3tq. It did sound good though.
Doesn't really make sense. I wonder if a variation like that is typical of different days and different runs? Exact temperature and humidity is hard to replicate between different times, and could very well explain such a small difference. It seems there's always a percent or two of variation on stuff like this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Doesn't really make sense. I wonder if a variation like that is typical of different days and different runs? Exact temperature and humidity is hard to replicate between different times, and could very well explain such a small difference. It seems there's always a percent or two of variation on stuff like this.
I would agree. That much difference could be due to variation. I also have a hard time believing that an exhaust the increases gas flow would actually reduce power

·
Registered
2022 AUDI R8 PERFORMANCE RWD SUZUKA GRAY
4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2020 perf and the exhaust button keeps the flaps open unlike newer models. With the flaps open and in perf mode the car with oem sports exhaust sounds great. My comment earlier about spirited driving needed for exotic tones still holds. This is the reason I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Avior seems interesting. Did you go nonvalved stainless steel or titanium? And how is the drone?
mine is non res stainless .... there is almost no drone. my wife even commented how quite it was on the highway. granted shes comparing to a viper with catless longtubes. drones like mad lol

·
Vendor
5,166 Posts
^ I've seen that exhaust online.

Who manufactured it? Is it valved? What is the material? Weight? Any videos?

I don't see any information or description, just some pics (and it looks great!). Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
The price sure is enticing but can't imagine how loud this setup would be. Most aftermarket ones seem to have at least an x pipe at the very least (most have mufflers) presumably to dampen the sound a bit. This is pretty much like a straight pipe from what I can tell.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Disclaimer: most systems are LOUD man. I have gone through a few of them. If you want sounding good and high quality but not INSANELY loud I would say Akrapovic. Its more aggressive then stock, but not insane. In my experience, get loud bro. It is part of these v10 engines. You will LOVE it, I promise. Brings a smile to face everyday as if its a new car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Disclaimer: most systems are LOUD man. I have gone through a few of them. If you want sounding good and high quality but not INSANELY loud I would say Akrapovic. Its more aggressive then stock, but not insane. In my experience, get loud bro. It is part of these v10 engines. You will LOVE it, I promise. Brings a smile to face everyday as if its a new car.
It doesn’t look like Akrapovic has an exhaust for the newer model cars.
Plus I don’t think they are worth what they are charging.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's the word on the Quicksilver Valve exhaust around here? Someone I know local got rid of their v10 r8 a little while ago and got a new Huracan. He said he ran the QS on his R8 and would recommend it.

·
Vendor
5,166 Posts
The price sure is enticing but can't imagine how loud this setup would be. Most aftermarket ones seem to have at least an x pipe at the very least (most have mufflers) presumably to dampen the sound a bit. This is pretty much like a straight pipe from what I can tell.
It is loud just like the soul pp system.
Stock system does not have a X in it. On the after market x systems the merge point is so small there is zero scavenging effects etc. But to each his own. For $1200 you can beat the price for the sound generated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree the price is unbeatable and the most tempting part. I am only concerned about losing the valve functionality which means it's ALWAYS loud which at times can get a little frustrating if you want it to be done down. I am definitely thinking about it though.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts