Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to buy new tyres (purchased and fitted by my dealer)

I have just noted that the fronts are PZero Rosso and the rears seem to be std PZero

1. Should I be concerned
2. Are the Rosso's "Better" in road holding so should I make them swap the rears
3. Are they faster wearing

I have noticed that the slow speed full lock judder we get is greatly reduced with the Rossos!

·
Registered
183 Posts
As to your Pirelli question, I haven't a clue... although I would have demanded a matching set to the rears. I assume that you went to the dealer in the first place because you assumed they would get it right. Clearly they did not. Would you wear a brown shoe on one foot and a black shoe on the other, I think not. More importantly, the handling characteristics at the limit (where it matters most) may be compromised. You simply must have them changed out.

BTW~How many miles did you put on the front ones before you needed to replace them.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
My memory isn't the best, but I thought audi were very insistent on the specific tyres for the r8 with there being specific r8 spec pirellis so I don't see how it would be ok to have different models of tyre front and rear - I'd be concerned that they have just put on what they could get given I understand there are shortages of the proper spec tyres.

here we go:

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1604

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest I assumed they would be the same and only noticed because my wheels weren't in the straight ahead mode

The car has done 7700 miles but I have done a couple of track days - the last one on monday which finished off the rears. The fronts were marginal so got them swapped at the same time.

I reckon 9-10k is possible without tracking them

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tyres are all sorted. They shouldn't have put Rossos on! I had a small discussion with my dealer (I called the R8 team first to ensure I got my facts straight!) and they swapped them for R01 as per the rears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts