Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2009 Ibis White V8 Manual Coupe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a beautiful Ibis white 2009 V8 manual coupe, still getting used to it but loving it so far.

My previous car was a 2007 Nissan 350z which I had for 6 years and spent a lot time modifying to get just the way I wanted, was sad to see it go but I'd been itching after a V8 for a while.
Generally I prefer Jap cars, so this is new territory being the first German one I've owned, but I've always loved the R8 and the gated manual box is something special.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Audi r8
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Photograph Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

· Registered
617 Posts
Hi guys

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a beautiful Ibis white 2009 V8 manual coupe, still getting used to it but loving it so far.

My previous car was a 2007 Nissan 350z which I had for 6 years and spent a lot time modifying to get just the way I wanted, was sad to see it go but I'd been itching after a V8 for a while.
Generally I prefer Jap cars, so this is new territory being the first German one I've owned, but I've always loved the R8 and the gated manual box is something special.

View attachment 283400
View attachment 283404 View attachment 283401
View attachment 283402
Welcome from Belgium.
I already have a question.
I had several Japanese cars in the past and have always liked how they shifted: fast, direct and quiet. So what is your experience with the manual R8?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the welcome guys!

I had several Japanese cars in the past and have always liked how they shifted: fast, direct and quiet. So what is your experience with the manual R8?
The box in the R8 is definitely fast and direct, but it's certainly not quiet! It's got a solid "clunk" about it every time you shift, but it's supposed to and that's part of the charm. Being gated you've obviously got to be very accurate with your changes, which took a bit of getting used to, but it's really satisfying when you're driving hard and get it spot on.

· Registered
36 Posts
Hi guys

View attachment 283400
View attachment 283402
Hi guys

View attachment 283400
View attachment 283402
Congrats and welcome 😊

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers again for the welcome :)

You'll probably get more admiring looks with the Audi. Happy motoring
Definitely seem to be getting more looks so far in the R8, not sure if they're admiring though 😂

Sweet ride. Take that beast on the long scottland route
I actually did the NC500 a couple of years ago, thoroughly amazing journey!

· Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
417 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. Gen 1 so pretty!

Reactions: Blattus and Jack94x
1 - 15 of 15 Posts