Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing, AL13 wanted to do 12.5” wide in the back but I wanted to keep at 12”. The car is going to be lowered next week w the Audi performance coil overs. Do you guys think the rears sit nice from the rear angle? And will lowering it a tad tuck in the top of the wheel a little?
These wheels are so **** light. Full carbon fiber barrels. And the finish of the centers changes colors in the light.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
234 Posts
WoW! Those rims are stunning and I would be installing wider rubber to help protect those beautiful carbon barrel lips.

Reactions: Gonz and nixnexus

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can’t go wider. The lip already is in line w the fender. And the rear tires are 325/25/21. Next size up is 345 in rear which is too wide. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Fantastic looking wheels. You must be well pleased.

Reactions: nixnexus

·
Registered
57 Posts
One thing, AL13 wanted to do 12.5” wide in the back but I wanted to keep at 12”. The car is going to be lowered next week w the Audi performance coil overs. Do you guys think the rears sit nice from the rear angle? And will lowering it a tad tuck in the top of the wheel a little?
These wheels are so **** light. Full carbon fiber barrels. And the finish of the centers changes colors in the light.
View attachment 267570 View attachment 267573 View attachment 267572

·
Registered
452 Posts
These are awesome

·
Registered
39 Posts
They look great, Nico. Pretty lightweight I am sure. Hopefully strong enough too. Me personally would've gone 12" as you mentioned. The offset is a bit excessiv, sticking out that much, but it is just me, ofcourse. Great look and enjoy it in good health!

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,175 Posts
One thing, AL13 wanted to do 12.5” wide in the back but I wanted to keep at 12”.
So did you end up with 12” or 12.5”?
From the pics and the fact that a 325/25 looks stretched. I’m guessing you ended up with 12.5” because my 325/25 on my 12” rim looks nothing like that. To be honest I’ve seen 325/25 on a 12.5” wheel and it didn’t look this stretched, you sure it’s not a 13”?

·
Registered
439 Posts
On my third set of AL13s - great people; have toured the factory and my last set I had them put on at their shop.

Most of the specs try to overdo the width of the wheel - Im not sure why except that maybe some people like that stretched look. It does make the wheel get a couple of mm added offset, but I always spec with 12". Other than stock, 325 25 21 is the only tire that will close to match OD and it will collapse at the sidewall to fill that extra 1/2" - even Sport Pilots that tend to be a little 'meatier'.

I spec'd their new design in monobloc this past spring for my R8. I have to do some back and forth with their engineering to get the spec right but in the end the fit is perfect - no rubbing and flush to the fender....for those that cringe about scrub radius, these aftermarket visual changes aren't for tracking the car.

They are top shelf quality - less than 1oz of balancing weights required on a high speed balancer!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
191 Posts
You mention that the wheels are so light. I'm curious what the seat of the pants driving impressions are when you go with a really light wheel like this. I understand the difference between a light and a heavy car, but I really don't know or understand what the difference is with a lighter wheel.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You mention that the wheels are so light. I'm curious what the seat of the pants driving impressions are when you go with a really light wheel like this. I understand the difference between a light and a heavy car, but I really don't know or understand what the difference is with a lighter wheel.
unsprung weight has a LOT to do with handling. The weight of parts that aren't controlled by suspension create inertia in the handling and general feedback in the road. It creates unnecessary responses in the handling of the car over bumps and contours in the road.

That said, add in CCBs and titanium lugs and you could be cutting the impact of unsprung weight by 30 to 40 percent

Product Font Rectangle Line Parallel

1 - 20 of 54 Posts