Audi R8 Forums banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
They fit decently on the first GEN, not perfect but definitely not a bad fitment either. The gloss black finish is nice too. They do have amazing wind buffeting reduction capabilities, 100mph and it’s buffet free with both windows all the way down. Little miracle workers!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I’m so glad so many people are benefiting from this simple little mod! I still have my original wiper blade version on and have seen speeds up to 170mph with no buffeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Chrisngrod your message box is too full to get more messages but hopefully my return comment gets to you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It saddens me to report that the TRICO Flex blade is no longer manufactured as a solid piece. It’s now a hollow slide-on plastic shell. May work the same at first, but probably won’t stick as long as the old ones since there’s a lot less surface area for the tape. Does anyone have any other wiper types with a solid aero piece they have used?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Correction to previous post...

Found the correct wiper blade. Same part number, same description on the box, but aero piece is solid instead of hollow. Must get the wiper with the solid orange and black label - no silver where the length is written (see previous post). Looking forward to no wind buffeting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Correction to previous post...

Found the correct wiper blade. Same part number, same description on the box, but aero piece is solid instead of hollow. Must get the wiper with the solid orange and black label - no silver where the length is written (see previous post). Looking forward to no wind buffeting!

Perfect!

·
Registered
46 Posts
MAR8 mod-1 installed and tested! Works like a champ!

I think it looks as OEM as any other accessory
- mostly because my triangles are matte finish. Might be slightly more noticeable on gloss or carbon. Definitely a must-have mod either way. Thanks Mike!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I picked them up at my local Advance Auto Parts store. They are on Amazon, but the ones you want (without the silver on the end of the label) look like they are only offered as a package with two blades based on the photos. I opened the package and pulled the aero piece off right at the counter to make sure I had the right one (the second time).

·
Registered
523 Posts
MAR8 mod-1 installed and tested! Works like a champ!

I think it looks as OEM as any other accessory
- mostly because my triangles are matte finish. Might be slightly more noticeable on gloss or carbon. Definitely a must-have mod either way. Thanks Mike!

Great job! Happy to help! It’s amazing how this little mod transforms windows down enjoyment.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wind tunnel tested up to 135 btw... without any buffeting
Already tested up to 170 with no buffeting!

·
Registered
70 Posts
It saddens me to report that the TRICO Flex blade is no longer manufactured as a solid piece. It’s now a hollow slide-on plastic shell. May work the same at first, but probably won’t stick as long as the old ones since there’s a lot less surface area for the tape. Does anyone have any other wiper types with a solid aero piece they have used?
Wow, I had purchased mine off Amazon a few months back and didn't install it. Opened it up today and had the same problem. Checked my local store and they only had the silver number version. I ended up ordering a pack of two off Amazon that had the orange. I really hope that it's not just some old picture they're using..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, I had purchased mine off Amazon a few months back and didn't install it. Opened it up today and had the same problem. Checked my local store and they only had the silver number version. I ended up ordering a pack of two off Amazon that had the orange. I really hope that it's not just some old picture they're using..
Ok, so the Amazon one didn't work out. It ended up turning into two separate orders, one of each, of the newer version, so don't bother with that. I called all of the stores near me and all of them had the silver version. I'm testing out this one right now: https://www.carid.com/trico/flexible-beam-29-wiper-blade-mpn-18-290.html

I contacted their support explaining the difference between the orange and silver packaging and they created a custom order for me which is supposedly the orange (which I'm assuming is the old version). The cost of the item is the same, but shipping to my location was $10, which still puts this at under $30, if it comes out with the correct version. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lunyx, could you please provide contact information so that I can also get the same custom order? It would really help us who want to do this mod.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lunyx, could you please provide contact information so that I can also get the same custom order? It would really help us who want to do this mod.
All I did was press the live chat button on their web site and someone helped me out after explaining the situation. I just received the order today and I thought they messed it up at first because it still had the silver packaging, but after taking off the piece, I confirmed that it was the old design that's solid instead of the hollow new one.

If it helps, you may be able to ask them to take a look at my order #31733746 to see if you could order the same thing. Here's how it shows up in the cart:

Item Type: Special Order
Brand: Trico
Product Description: Trico® 18-290 - Flex™ Beam 29" Black Wiper Blade (OLD DESIGN)
Part Number: 18-290

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Advance Auto Parts store in Wilmington, DE had both types when I was in there last (end of Aug ‘19). Might want to check that chain of stores if there’s one around you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally got the specific parts and completed this mod. Wind buffeting significantly reduced, with the horrible compression pulses almost completely eliminated.
I'm amazed Audi haven't resolved this, is it forbidden for their engineers to open the windows while driving?
Nice benefit is you can now hear more of your exhaust noise too!

If you're in the UK and want the Trico blades, you can get them from Direct Car Parts in Durham, t: 0191 384 7803. They still have some of the correct type in stock in the longer length, just be sure to tell them it's the pack without the silver flash that you want.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts