Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes. The hypotenuse side of the triangle on a Gen 2 is 3/8" inches longer than that of Gen 1. That's why you see that gap on your glossy piece. But if it works well, that's what counts.

This is what I have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
View attachment 252882

View attachment 252883

View attachment 252884

Designed and printed those anti wind buffeting strips. Can't believe how well they work in cutting down the cabin noise when driving with windows down! Can't believe it took me 7 years to do something like this. This is definitely way better looking than the wiper mod!
View attachment 252882

View attachment 252883

View attachment 252884

Designed and printed those anti wind buffeting strips. Can't believe how well they work in cutting down the cabin noise when driving with windows down! Can't believe it took me 7 years to do something like this. This is definitely way better looking than the wiper mod!
Aquarian, any chance you could share the file for this? We have a 3D printer in the house, would like to try this on. Thanks in advance,

Tim

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry buddy, I can't do that.

Aquarian, any chance you could share the file for this? We have a 3D printer in the house, would like to try this on. Thanks in advance,

Tim

·
Registered
874 Posts
It’s only a few measurements Tim, Should be easy enough to recreate in CAD.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You are right. It should be easy enough, except it will take a long time. Design, print, test-fit. Design, print, test-fit, and repeat many times.

Or, the easiest way is to cut out some wiper blade and just tape it on and call it a day, lol.

It’s only a few measurements Tim, Should be easy enough to recreate in CAD.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
5 bucks! Looks cool to me and works! Yours looks nice tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are interesting - where'd they come from ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a feeling that one of these each side might solve the problem with some 3M tape. The only downside I can foresee is the chocolate melting in the summer.

R&D MEETING 1 update: The chocolate could be eaten before fitting. Therefore negating the internal melting effect.
R&D MEETING 2 update: The mini spoiler could be aesthetically carbon fibre wrapped in order to blend in with the rest of the car.
R&D MEETING 3: Scheduled.

Reactions: Protegimus

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey if you feel you really need to squeeze a few hundred bucks extra out of the R8 community....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Those look decent, especially for 3.50$

Beats spending 110$ for a low resolution print.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Is that the price being charged for this? That's a significantly worse deal than the $100 cup holder mod (not to bash it, since I quite like mine).

Personally, I think the wiper mod looks much cleaner than this print.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes. I have tried the wiper mod and didn't like the appearance of it. Many of my friends kept pointing out the wiper mod on my car so that's why I decided to design and make my own.

Is that the price being charged for this? That's a significantly worse deal than the $100 cup holder mod (not to bash it, since I quite like mine).

Personally, I think the wiper mod looks much cleaner than this print.
View attachment 252978

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes. I have tried the wiper mod and didn't like the appearance of it. Many of my friends kept pointing out the wiper mod on my car so that's why I decided to design and make my own.
Thanks for coming up with a solution! R8talk has always been a very helpful community. Sorry I didn’t mean to hijack this thread with my solution. You took the time and effort to creat something nice for the R8. Now it’s up to everyone if they want to buy it or not.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Don't quite understand the negativity on this. A member took his/her time to create something that could address the complaints of wind buffeting and if the price is putting you off, then move on. You've taken two swipes at him/her because of the price now, and that seems like an overkill.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
5 bucks! Looks cool to me and works! Yours looks nice tho

Are they gloss black?
The eBay link looks like flat ABS.

double sided sticky tape with m assuming.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts