Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It never occurred to me to ask this question until I went looking for it . . . but I cannot find a memory set feature on the power seats in the R8. Nor does the owner's manual mention one.

Am I missing something, or did Audi build an very expensive car that omits this inexpensive and virtually weightless, but very useful, feature?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't find the power seats a waste of money, since they adjust on more axes than manual seats (such as being able to change the angle of the bottom cushion and not just its height).

The memory feature is very handy after a carwash crew has moved the seats all around when vacuuming the car.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I take the point that they adjust on more axes - that's useful perhaps, but electric seats without memory is just laziness on the part of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It never occurred to me to ask this question until I went looking for it . . . but I cannot find a memory set feature on the power seats in the R8. Nor does the owner's manual mention one.

Am I missing something, or did Audi build an very expensive car that omits this inexpensive and virtually weightless, but very useful, feature?
No you are not missing anything. I believe Audi intentionally omits it to put it in the same league as Ferrari and Lamborghini which do not have memory seat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is this thread for real?

It's a supercar for heaven's sake!!

You'll be moaning there's no light in the vanity mirror next!

Andy M

silver with carbon (In the gargage :D )

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is this thread for real?

Andy M

What? There's no light in the vanity mirror? FFS... how will I apply my make-up!?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is this thread for real?

Andy M

Is it? Then I expect to get light weight CF seats, nothing for sound proof, etc. etc.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is this thread for real?

It's a supercar for heaven's sake!!.
In your dreams.

What this car actually is -- and what its engineers' design brief was -- is a very high-performace sports car that is meant to be capable of both superb track performance and service as a daily driver.

My boss is an exotic car buff, and I have driven his Enzo and his SLR on several occasions. On December 31, I even managed to sit in a Bugatti Veyron in Naples, Florida (a car I have so far been unable to cajole my boss into buying). I can assure you the R8 was not taking aim at such cars . . . and for that I am very grateful.

If Porsche 911's can keep their heads up while still having a seat memory function, I see no reason why an R8 -- or its owners -- should be embarrassed by such a convenience.

But that automatic climate control! What self-respecting supercar owner should be asked to put up with such a thing? Temperature and fan knobs are meant to be twisted by real men, no?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I completely agree.

Supercar seems to be a term that is getting more misused every day. Supercars are a very few and far between as the names suggests.

The R8 and all Porsches (Except GT) are not

·
Registered
367 Posts
Get TT seats and you get TT features - no memory! Move up to an A4 and then they're an option.
Audi has left themselves LOTS of room for 2009 model year (and beyond) feature improvements on this flagship car of theirs...
Supercar seems to be a term that is getting more misused every day. Supercars are a very few and far between as the names suggests.

The R8 and all Porsches (Except GT) are not
To me most Porsches and certainly the R8 are supercars based on their performance envelope. What they are NOT is exotic, although if I actually do get the R8, I will probably refer to it as a "near exotic".:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts