Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having seen a few chancers trying to sell ( and succeeding?) in placing their cars at a premium to list for imminent delivery, a friend of mine who goes through cars like most of us go through underwear, tells me he was offered a an R8 for Oct delivery with NO premium. His partner has taken it ( my pal has a 430 spider coming for xmas)

Has anyone heard of any cars actually trading over list?

Wayno

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Wayne,

West London Audi - my dealer - has heard of them trading at £10K over list.

There is also a new member on the forum who syas he bought one over list, but would not say how much...............

Mine is due in 4-5 weeks. Meet up in Shenley ??

How are you doing with the 911 ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Wayne,

West London Audi - my dealer - has heard of them trading at £10K over list.

There is also a new member on the forum who syas he bought one over list, but would not say how much...............

Mine is due in 4-5 weeks. Meet up in Shenley ??

How are you doing with the 911 ?
definetely! I want to see one on the roads! I'm away for August so hopefully your car will be run in by September?!

ps guy at track day y'day told me he'd been offered 20k over list for his August delivery ( deposit placed April 2004)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wayne,

Yup. Will meet up !

Car will be ready in UK 2/3rd week of August, but I've told them to hold until 1st September to get the new plate.

So, i will be running it in ASAP. I am trying to book a track day in October.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There are three R8 advertised in todays Sunday Times.

I also found an outfit on the web - Shaks Cars - that wants £15K over list, and is taking orders for the V10 at £150K.

A great shame that these b*stard speculators are getting their cars before the genuine customers. However, it seems that these guys put their deposit money down years beforehand, so they are well ahead of us in the queue.

Mine is not for sale (at least until my V10 delivery date is confirmed), but I might be tempted if someone seriously offered me £20 - £25K over list...........

·
Registered
604 Posts
To be fair we all had the same chance to be at the front of the queue. Some did it for the car some for the cash.

If the car was rubbish - or not built at all they would have lost out.

The fact they are going over list so much is a benefit to us all in the short term. Bring on £40k over list :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Agreed.

Hadn't thought of it that way, but you are absolutely right.

Depreciation will be small (if any!), especially when the factory can produce no more than 22 a day for the world market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts