Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Pretty sure I could reset in my old 09' V8, and my current 12' v10. Go into vagcom and make sure the tpms is even activated, check the channel block and play around with the settings.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not to resurrect this, but has anyone come up with a solution?
2008 R8, V8
I recently put custom wheels on.
The first shop had to use wheel straps and program them via Vag. They were successful.
Unfortunately, since then, one of the wheels had a bad run-out and needed to be replaced. When they replaced the wheel, they decided that the wheel straps may have been an issue and replaced all the WORKING tpms.

They no longer work... and or the life of us, we cannot get them to work. They are Hamaton Upro programmable, so we cloned them to the stock TPMS ID#'s and NO DICE! At this point I have about to just shut the TPMS system down for good and be done with it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I finally got around to messing with this again. It seems like one of the new TPMS sensors was bad on mine. Right after installing the new one and going for a ride the TPMS sensor light was still on with malfunctioning TPMS in the display. Had to vagcom to code it out again pull the fuse let it sit and then code it back in. When you code it back in ross tech shows a way to reset the adaptation on their website. That's all you need to do to clear it. I know the original post on this was the option wasn't in the menu. Sound like you need to double check the coding. Had a issue where we coded the wrong number in and it did not want to show the option to recalibrate.

·
Registered
532 Posts
When I first bought my new rims, I used the stalk to learn in the second set of aftermarket sensors that came with the wheels and all was well. After sitting for the Winter, the TPMS light came on and I couldn't make it go away. My shop supplied new Audi OEM sensors and still had issues. The TPMS module had no data and for some reason, it was not updating. They finally drove the car around with the VAGcom connected for about 15-20 minutes and the data finally loaded. Since then, I have had no issues. I don't like any warning lights to be on. It bothers me, amongst other things. In my Honda CRV that I commute with, that **** thing is on all the time, but it's a CRV, so I don't care that much. It still pisses me off that it won't reset permanently. Even when it does, I can bet money on the fact that it will randomly come back on. I know it's not good to repress my feelings, but it's what I need to do while driving a CRV.:mad:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I finally got around to messing with this again. It seems like one of the new TPMS sensors was bad on mine. Right after installing the new one and going for a ride the TPMS sensor light was still on with malfunctioning TPMS in the display. Had to vagcom to code it out again pull the fuse let it sit and then code it back in. When you code it back in ross tech shows a way to reset the adaptation on their website. That's all you need to do to clear it. I know the original post on this was the option wasn't in the menu. Sound like you need to double check the coding. Had a issue where we coded the wrong number in and it did not want to show the option to recalibrate.

Hi, and thanks. Yes we did. We tried the fuse removal, a hard battery reset, and checked the lines of code using (I believe) the right code for TPMS. It simply wasn't there to recalibrate. I'd love to be proven wrong and find a way to restore TPMS.

·
Registered
134 Posts
@Another car

I am working on this now. This is the way that I understand it so far...
I will have to go have my TPMS code read, once read, I can go to someone with a VAG and have them copy and paste the code in. This, in theory, will work.

I will respond as soon as I have better/more information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same issue on my 2009.....the exclamation mark is killing me!! New wheels/tires and all the sensors are reading properly but the system won’t reset.....the light just stays on. Nothing in the menu as stated by the many above. What do I do????

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I have the exact same issue on my 2009.....the exclamation mark is killing me!! New wheels/tires and all the sensors are reading properly but the system won’t reset.....the light just stays on. Nothing in the menu as stated by the many above. What do I do????
Had this problem too when I changed my wheels and sensor, bought a pair of antennas and a control module from Happyparts.de (quite cheap), only needed to change one antennae to fix it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Go to a tire place and have them see if one of your sensors doesn't read. I replaced all of mine and one just happened to be bad. Its annoying but all it takes is a intermittent signal from one of the tires to drive you crazy
Hi, and thanks. Yes we did. We tried the fuse removal, a hard battery reset, and checked the lines of code using (I believe) the right code for TPMS. It simply wasn't there to recalibrate. I'd love to be proven wrong and find a way to restore TPMS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of them read properly....they said to just drive it for a bit and it will reset. Driven it a bunch and won’t reset. What do I do now?

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is a REALLY good question that a LOT of want to know! I have had mine on for about 5 months now with no solution yet.

All of them read properly....they said to just drive it for a bit and it will reset. Driven it a bunch and won’t reset. What do I do now?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought rims that had OEM TPMS sensors on , installed them and I didn't have to do anything to TMPS system . Car adopted new sensors after like 20 seconds . that's on gen2 R8

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have had the same issue. Most of the time I can not find the TPMS reset option but occasionally (20% of the time) it is there and I can reset it. Haven't been able to figure out how to predictably access it.
That is exactly my success ratio as well, which gives the illusion that the screen just is not there. The parenthesis buttons seem to raise secondary menus depending on where in the flow chart you are. I will get back after I am more fluent in Audi R8 menus.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Its easy. Let's say you're in screen below like I have .
20191024_125157.jpg

I numbers the switches for an easy explanation

20191024_125435.jpg

Click #2 ,you get this screen below
20191024_124817.jpg

Scroll up or down by turning the dial #1 to Vehicle then click on the top of the dial #1 . You get this screen
20191024_130635.jpg

Click #3 , you get the screen below .

20191024_125225.jpg

Scroll down by turning #1 until you find Service , then click on the top of #1 to select it .
20191024_131415.jpg

You get this screen , select Tire pressure monitoring click on the top of #1
20191024_124728.jpg

You get this screen below , select Store tire pressure

20191024_124738.jpg

Click : Yes, store now . Job has been done
20191024_131924.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
View attachment 245245

View attachment 245246

View attachment 245248

Scroll up or down by turning the dial #1 to Vehicle then click on the top of the dial #1 . You get this screen
View attachment 245249

View attachment 245250

Scroll down by turning #1 until you find Service , then click on the top of #1 to select it .
View attachment 245251

View attachment 245252

View attachment 245253

View attachment 245255
You've just put a lot of people out of their misery LoL.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oops i missunderstood thinking this was for gen1. :)

I dont have a tpms reset in my R8 V10 2009 menu. I wish it is possible to upgrade that software to newer version so I can reset via menu also.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Correct, the issue resides on Gen 1 cars... :(

View attachment 245245

View attachment 245246

View attachment 245248

View attachment 245249

View attachment 245250

View attachment 245251

View attachment 245252

View attachment 245253

View attachment 245255

41 - 60 of 62 Posts