Audi R8 Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
well just to be extra clear a facelifted R8 is a gen 1. should have said from facelifted gen1 R8s its in the menu
I was thinking the same thing.

On a different note, tarverines has a 2012 and had the option. This means that pre-facelift has it too. Perhaps it started with 2012 models instead of 2014.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I took my car (2009 R8 V8) to the dealer here in Gainesville, FL this past Saturday. The tech writer advised he did not have a certified R8 mechanic in but since this is "just the TPMS" system someone would check it. The tech checked all four tires for proper inflation and told be some were low. he then added "Take the car out and drive it and the light should go out." I advised him I'd had them filled to the proper specs just days before and the light never went out and the only other time I've had the light come on it disappeared but on this occasion it had not. He felt confident it would this time. It hasn't. Grrr. My manual clearly says nothing about resetting the TPMS system via the menu and states if the light stays on take the car to the dealer. The dealer did provide a link on how to re-set the TPMS system in an early (2010?) R8 but the menu drop down seen in the link is different to mine. So link useless to me.

I'm told Discount Tire has a tool they can run over the wheel that will advise if a TPMS sensor is out. This is my next stop. Bloody shame the dealer can't fix this issue here locally and doesn't seem to know how to.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts