Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As above, going to order the wind deflectors and need some new rotors/discs, but apart from that what else is a must-do modification? 2010 V10 MT Spyder

·
Registered
2008 R8 R-Tronic
175 Posts
From order of best value for your money in my mind:

1. Get an engine tune for that V10 to unlock more HP.
2. Grippier tires like Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (once your tires start to go)
3. Exhaust. Since you're in the UK, Top Gear has good one for value. If you want the high end stuff, look into Capristo, Akrapovic, and Kline Innovation with the Inconel 625 material.
4. Carbon Clean the Intake valves. V10's are a little bit better compared to the early Gen 1 V8's in carbon deposits, but you eventually will need to do it on any Gen 1 car.

Everything else like upgraded suspension, upgraded discs/brakes, carbon fiber, aero should be later.

·
Registered
220 Posts
As above, going to order the wind deflectors and need some new rotors/discs, but apart from that what else is a must-do modification? 2010 V10 MT Spyder
I have the same spec year car. Looking back and from my performance oriented driving style (but not on race track) I would recommend following
1. Make sure car is generally maintained properly, brake fluid bleeded, etc. you might not know it but your car might underperform in current state
2. I had noticed cowl shake with top down and full tank of gas in stock form, thus went on rectifying it. Exhaust and lightweight battery removed over 30kg from front and rear and driving with half tank of gas or less I had never had cowl hake again.
3. You mentioned brakes. As spiders are more heavy I would recommend Girodisk oversized rotors for improved braking. The weight of their 380mm is same as stock 365mm disks.
4. at any given time you do performance chip. I went with MTM however it required removal of both ECU for 606hp tune.
5. Not a must but I went also with lighter wheels, most people would not notice difference, but difference is there
Enjoy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Exhaust; magcode; seat belt mic delete; front honey comb grill.

-td

Reactions: Mark300zx

·
Registered
39 Posts
my list on my 2010. I’m down to number 6 now.

1. Exhaust
2. Get rid of ugly OEM front grill, change emblems to black (car dependent) , rear spoiler, diffuser, front splitter.
3. Diamondcarmats.com
4. Door entry light with R8 logo
5. Ecu tune
6. Wheels/Tires
7, Lowered suspension

·
Registered
122 Posts
My list on the RWS so far:
1. Whole car PPF
2. Weather Tech floor mats
3. Dash cam
4. Radar
5. Hardwire both

To do:
1. Tune
2. Wheels + Tires for Track / Autocross

I want to keep my RWS as stock as possible because it is 1 of 999.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Given that the engine is restricted by Audi so as not to compete directly with Gallardo and latterly, Huracan, having an ECU tune was one of my priorities. For circa £1200, the APR tune that Ricky installed for me was done via an upload so no removal of the ECU, and with a 55 bhp power increase represented good value imo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the exhaust has to be the first but which one, I presume an x -pipe exhaust would release more ponies!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I concur the exhaust is a 1st, then maybe the ECU to release that 50-60 sealed hp plus some exhaust pop and bang.If you do serious drives and not just parading around town, next would be the tires - biggest performance upgrade you can do to a car: handing, braking, power all comes down to tires. PS4S if you want to change tires once every year or two, cup 2s if you want to change twice a year. To me others are all nice to haves for the average driver

·
Registered
184 Posts
I concur the exhaust is a 1st, then maybe the ECU to release that 50-60 sealed hp plus some exhaust pop and bang.If you do serious drives and not just parading around town, next would be the tires - biggest performance upgrade you can do to a car: handing, braking, power all comes down to tires. PS4S if you want to change tires once every year or two, cup 2s if you want to change twice a year. To me others are all nice to haves for the average driver
How do you like your Kline? I was looking into both the stainless and inconel, as well as a Capristo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts