Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Also, do most of you guys bring your wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends significant other...etc. :cool: Just wondering if I should go alone or bring my wife?

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
378 Posts
I’m in. Should we meet at Rancho Santa Fe C&C and take off from there? Both RSF to Encinitas and RSF to Solana roads are nice. My wife prefers cruises, rather than hard runs. I had to install this after our last hard run.

Reactions: DaveL

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’m in. Should we meet at Rancho Santa Fe C&C and take off from there? Both RSF to Encinitas and RSF to Solana roads are nice. My wife prefers cruises, rather than hard runs. I had to install this after our last hard run.
No, I'll DM you or email you the meet. I'm just trying to do it like Protective Film Solutions where they don't release it until 2 days before so they can keep it to just R8's... I guess all the Lambos and Ferraris ...etc. want to play too. I actually wouldn't mind, but for this run, jus R8's. I have your email, so I'll email you the details (map route).

Gotta love the Eject button! ha hah ahhah ah aha I

Reactions: Blade Gunner

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As I said I'll DM the route to you guys or email if you like, but I'd like to know if you want to join me at Duke's for lunch. They do take reservations and I'd like to call and make them ASAP... so if you are up for Duke's lunch. Please let me know how many will be in your party (I'm guessing only 2 at the most.. ha ha hahah) but I need to know if you want to be included in the lunch reservation. for THIS Saturday 3/27 .

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got it...will do.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Put us down for 2 lunch.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
What happened guys? 7 commitments and now only 2 cars besides me? FYI, having lunch is not a requirement for the drive, but just let me know. I would hate to make reservations, not include you and then it ends up you actually wanted to eat at Duke's.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I’m still in. Sometimes we need to start small and let it grow.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well, I'm hopeful by tomorrow I'll hear back... (crickets)..... ha hah aha hhaha

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Ok, we're back up to four cars now...

Just an FYI, Duke's has no reservations available at lunch... So scrap the planned lunch and we'll just figure it out at the La Jolla parking lot. I mean, we may still be able to get seating, just can't reserve it. I just tried... we'd have to wait until 1:30 pm.. I would be real HANGRY by then :)

So it's just the drive now and lunch will be on the fly.

Here's who's going and not going so far:

@Ucla2525 (crickets)

@ExpertRanch (going) :cool:

@SculptorR8 (going)

@Blade Gunner (going)

@[email protected] (going)

@dan6spd (most likely not going)

@Jeevey (not going)

@bpans2 (not going)

Anybody else who wants to go, DM me and I'll send you the Google Route. R8's Only (this time).. maybe later we'll go for the whole shabang.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
See ya tomorrow all... I'll be in the North West portion of the parking lot as there were lots of spaces next to each other there. 9:00 am.

·
Registered
378 Posts
See you then

·
Registered
2020 R8 V10 Performance Coupe Ascari Blue
100 Posts
I hope you all had good time. My buddy said he saw a R8 caravan near Carlsbad. I think it’s you all! Post some pictures.

I had a quick stop in RSF C&C with my R8 and saw a Sonoma green R8 pass by.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yeah that was @[email protected] car. Met some great people. @SculptorR8 (Derrick (sp?)) super nice guy. I had already spoken with Duane (@Blade Gunner ) and his wife (super nice) and my wife came too. We ended up runing through two car shows in Rancho Santa Fe (So good call on that part of the drive), headed down to LaJolla and ended up having lunch at Duke's which was nice.

I made a mistake that unfortunately sort of lessened the coolness of the ride. I thought I had the map taking us from the coffee shop in Carlsbad to Rancho Santa Fe via the 101 hwy... well, my wife was navigating and just following the map and I didn't know that Google Map's updates your route on the fly. So it took us to Rancho Santa Fe, but through boring parts of regularville (not the coast)... Next time I"m going to print the route and email to people via pdf or something.

But in the end. I"m glad we did it and look forward to doing it again. Just have to find a new place to go... Julian??

Also, strangely my car started with the low tire pressure light on... It's been cold, so I thought maybe they just needed to roll a little.. But the light never went off. I got home checked the pressure and it was (BR: 34 FR: 31 FL: 31 BL: 32 1/2) warmed up. In the morning I'm going to measure them again cold. It would sad if I have a nail or something in my back left.. then again 1 /12 psi could just be an anomaly.

Oh, and you can ask @Blade Gunner , the parking lot in La Jolla (which was packed as usual) was virtually empty. We could easily fit 50 cars in there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Also, sorry, no pictures were taken (at least not by me). I was too stressed about getting it all together, I totally spaced out. Bummer, I would have loved to have taken a 1st ride pic too. Oh well. next time for sure.

My wife said some guy was taking a video of @Blade Gunner and me going up Torrey Pines road after the beach and before La Jolla Shores Dr. after we flew by.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It be us

21 - 40 of 43 Posts