Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am waiting for my (UK) White Ibis White R8 with all the options to be delivered and have been told it has entered production. How much notice did you recieve from your salesman prior to actually getting your hands on it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
711 Posts
None. It was at the docks in Hamburg, about 4 months earlier than they said, when we received an e-mail from Audi about it!

·
Registered
190 Posts
None. It was at the docks in Hamburg, about 4 months earlier than they said, when we received an e-mail from Audi about it!
Ditto for me as well. I was told March, March, March and BAM... a call came in on xmas saying it will be at the dealer in 9 days.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
They told me mine was in production October 21st. They delivered it November 10th.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mine came 2 months early. Without a notice a phone call comes in from my gm and tells me the car is at the port awaiting pickup.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I doubt any current R8s in production will arrive earlier than expected. As of the new year and the current economic crisis, R8 production has slowed from 24 units a day to just 2 units.

·
Registered
761 Posts
No noticed received. Got mine 2 1/2 months early. The whole "waiting list" story and rarity of the R8 is a bit hyped. The GM of my dealership confirmed it's to maintain the car's value high and get as much premium as possible of the first cars.

Similar story will happen/is happening with the R8 V10.

A friend of mine who ordered a R8 here in the USA was told less than 6 months for his car to be delivered. Less than 6 because some orders were canceled and salesmen are able to modify (up to the transmission) an order that has not been put in production line yet.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I doubt any current R8s in production will arrive earlier than expected. As of the new year and the current economic crisis, R8 production has slowed from 24 units a day to just 2 units.
+1, I got notice a couple weeks back that my mid-May delivery has been bumped to early July. Hope it doesn't get bumped any further or I'll lose the bulk of the driving season

1 - 8 of 8 Posts