Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere to find out the actual number of 2008s produced? Also the actual number produced/sold in the US? I have not been able to find out.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I remembered the dealer told me it was 3K per yr, and about 900 for those came to to US. I later read or heard it somewhere that production was increased to 6K per yr. I have no idea how accurate are this info... so pls do not quote me. I wonder how many are heading to the US in 09?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe they are currently shipping 29 per day for worldwide consumption - that's 7,540 per annum. About 10% of these land in the UK.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earlier the R8 register had all the numbers shiped to US and at last count that I saw for 2008, it was somewhere around 150-200 cars. I don't remember exact figures, but it was around this low, and I never saw the final 2008 figures. Also I have not seen anything on the 2009s. I would think these numbers are available from Audi America or somewhere. They certainly seem much lower than the estimated 900 cars speculated.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I just fired off a request to AoA Customer Care & will post their response.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Per AOA, there were only 200 2008 R8s imported to the US. Still researching the estimated 2009 US allocation.

Here's an interesting fact - out of the 200 delivered, 37, 18% of them are for sale on cars.com! Cars listed on other sources probably bring this to 20-25%.

So, 1 out of 4 or 5 purchases appear to have been speculators or those crushed by the economic melt down?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some are making a quick buck I see..... I wonder how many cars one of these 'car speculators' have on a list....?

If the list weren't cluttered with these, we might be getting cars faster.... Oh well...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Per AOA, there were only 200 2008 R8s imported to the US. Still researching the estimated 2009 US allocation.

Here's an interesting fact - out of the 200 delivered, 37, 18% of them are for sale on cars.com! Cars listed on other sources probably bring this to 20-25%.

So, 1 out of 4 or 5 purchases appear to have been speculators or those crushed by the economic melt down?
Only 200 in the US for 08? No wonder I only saw it twice on the road. I think “Making a quick bucks” program is ending soon.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Only 200 in the US for 08? No wonder I only saw it twice on the road. I think “Making a quick bucks” program is ending soon.
This number is not correct. Per Audi US's own press release, up to October 1 2008 there had been 521 R8's sold in the USA. In 2007 there were between 200 and 250 sold.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can concour on part of this, since our own R8talk R8 registry had between 200-250 cars listed wih descriptions and options listed--I don't remember the eact number--at the last time I saw it, and this was before the 2009s started to come in. So, definitely it was not just 200 to the USA. So it sure soumds correct around 521 as of Oct 1, 2008.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I think those are total sale numbers with no regard for MY. I heard Audi increased production this year and that is clearly evident. Hard to get a straight answer for such a simple question!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I think those are total sale numbers with no regard for MY. I heard Audi increased production this year and that is clearly evident. Hard to get a straight answer for such a simple question!
They are sales numbers by model by calendar-month/year ... they don't distinguish "manufacturing year". The US sales for October were released today: 114 new R8's for the month for total 2008 year-to-date of 635

1 - 14 of 14 Posts