Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Audiword site they indicate that the US will get 200 cars for 2007 due to the late start. It is also stated that each dealer will get 7 cars in the first 12 months (on the average?).

Not all Audi dealers will carry the R8. They must be dedicated Audi stores, invest in the dedicated R8 show area (400 ft2) and buy the service tools. This would seem to indicate that only some percentage of all the US dealers will qualify and carry the car.

The question is, how many dealers will qualify? How many cars will each dealer get? How will these 200 cars be allocated, by volume or just per dealer?

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
pretty sure that the numbers are averages... my dealer expects to get 12 cars-

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that is useful information.

I have also read that there will be about 750 cars per year sent to the US. If each dealer is getting an average of 7, this means there are about 107 qualified dealers of the over 400 Audi dealers in the US.

I suppose one could further project that if there are 200 cars coming into the US in 2007 the average per dealer is about 2 (or less). Since I am #4 on my dealers list I have to hope that he is twice the size of the average dealer to get a 2007 car, assuming the cars are allocated based on overall volume.

I wonder if there is some way of knowing the dealer rankings and volumes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spoke to my sales rep yesterday and here is what he had to say which was information he obtained from his rep.

He said of the 200 coming to the US, that 40 are slated to the midwest and that that particular dealer would probably receive 5. Here in the Chicagoland area, we have several Audi dealers but only 3 are likely to buy into the R8 program (Highland Park, Schaumburg and Naperville). It's supposed to make it's appearance debut out here at the car show in February, so I'll finally be able to see it in person, can't wait. Looks like I may get mine next fall/winter after all :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If what you say is true Audi has finished qualifying dealers who will get the car. This seems to make sense as two dealers I know indicated that they had to make thier decision about making the necessary investment to carry the car or not by mid-December.

Furthermore, it seems that Audi has now allocated the cars across the dealer network for both 2007 and 2008.

Anyone who has a deposit with thier dealer should be able to ask and find out when they will get a their car. It appears all very organized.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a letter from Audi to its dealers regarding requirements to be an R8 dealer. A dealer can be either a Certified Point" or a "Service Point". It looks like Service Points get only one car a year and starting in 2008. Certified Points get cars according to thier sales potential.

The tools and the 400ft2 dedicated showroom space are requirements.

·
Registered
647 Posts
This document is originally posted by Krassy(member here) on different forum where he is a moderator! Autospies simply stole that from him...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts