Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently tapped the back of the OBDII for a P3 gauge, everything went well, removed the pins and re-installed properly, carefully making sure all the correct pins were in the right spot.

I did forget to pull the battery, and I did get a small spark when a few OBDII leads touched by mistake. I quickly pulled the batt and finished up the project.

Now my OBDII has no power, I tested also with a rosstech cable. I kind of think I popped a fuse, but I can't locate the OBDII fuse number/location.

The car starts just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!!

Josh

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I found A diagram and checked the four fuses associated with diagnostics to no avail, none of them were popped.

I’m really stumped and a little concerned, any advice would be really appreciated ! Tia

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

so I highlighted the four fuses I checked, I felt these are the most closely associated with the OBD two port. All of them were in good shape, at least visually so. Are there perhaps other relays or fuses that may be associated?

·
Registered
41 Posts
So the wires that have a Positive connection link to another set of wires and I am trying to trace those out. Looks like one is a 15a and the other is a 30a. But I need to see where the actual fuse for that plus connection is.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This might help:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thanks so much. Where is panel 3 located? Can’t recognize that picture.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So if you look at the first message I sent, the picture is blue, you see the main fuse panel #6, this small one is going to be #3. Pop that open and see what you find. They will be long flat blade fuses and the break right in the middle. I have to warn you, if it is open, they aren't cheap. might be like $40.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah okay I see it now, it's behind the glove box. I'll take it apart tomorrow, of course there's no easy access :)

Thanks for the help sir!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you do have any tips accessing the area I would appreciate it also, before trying to tackle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You're gonna have to take off the door sill trim, small trim piece on the side of the glove box, then the side kick panel trim. You can peel the carpet back to get to it. It will give you enough room to open the little box and inspect the fuse. I apologize in advance if this isn't it and you have to spend some time taking it apart. But thats what I would check if it were in my shop.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I'll try and find a guide on how to remove those panels.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Definitely sounds like a fuse. It only takes a split second to short and pop. Hopefully that's the problem, but unfortunately you have to rule it out before looking elsewhere. You are braver than me.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately those strip fuses were in good shape. So you think it might be one of the relays? Can I test with a multimeter?

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
There will be a 12v constant feed and a 12v ignition feed.

If you use a voltmeter and check see what you have with ign on.

The obd plug is ISO standard so all pin outs on all obdII cars are the same.

Did you depin the plug? Have you got them fitted correctly again?

Cheers Ricky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There will be a 12v constant feed and a 12v ignition feed.

If you use a voltmeter and check see what you have with ign on.

The obd plug is ISO standard so all pin outs on all obdII cars are the same.

Did you depin the plug? Have you got them fitted correctly again?

Cheers Ricky

Hi Ricky, I did de-pin it, and was very very careful to take notes and put it back together again properly. I don’t believe I’m getting any voltage because my Ross tech cable LED does not illuminate.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Ok if you are sure it’s pinned right just check both live pins with a voltmeter mate.

If it is pinned wrong the Ross tech won’t switch on.

But there is no dedicated obd live fuse......

Anything else not working you have noticed?

Cheers Ricky

1 - 20 of 23 Posts