Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the audi dealership and was looking to place an order for an r8. I chose the phantom black with the oxygen silver side blade.

i also chose Tuscan brown interior leather.

the salesman's tone sounded like i chose an odd color combo. i thought it was an appealing combination because it has some good contrast.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I went to the audi dealership and was looking to place an order for an r8. I chose the phantom black with the oxygen silver side blade.

the salesman's tone sounded like i chose an odd color combo. i thought it was an appealing combination because it has some good contrast.

what do you guys think?
Check out all the color combo on ebay, I think the o2 silver looks great if you like contrast. I like the CF blade with black myself. It all depending on the look you are after. I am not big on having the blade in body color, I think the blade is the most unique design on this car, why not show it off. Most R8 I have seen in the showroom are black or grey, might be nice to have something different. Have you seen the Tuscan Brown in person? All the images you seen online are very red, which is not accurate. I like to see some colors on the interior, but only the seat in color does not feel very integrated to me. You can have door insert in Tuscan Brown thru the over-priced and complicated exclusive package. It is an R8, you can’t go wrong unless you have in paint in zebra pattern.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think that the Black exterior with the O2 sideblades look fantastic. I currently have Gray Daytona with O2 sideblades and it looks great. You can't go wrong with that exterior combination since there will be nice contrast. I initially opted for the carbon fiber sideblade, but after comparing it to the constrasting sideblade, it was apparent to me that contrasting is much more striking. I would only go with carbon fiber if you don't want to be noticed as much.

With regard to the interior, I wouldn't do brown leather with the black & silver. Have you ever tried matching a black shirt with brown pants?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think that the Black exterior with the O2 sideblades look fantastic. I currently have Gray Daytona with O2 sideblades and it looks great. You can't go wrong with that exterior combination since there will be nice contrast. I initially opted for the carbon fiber sideblade, but after comparing it to the constrasting sideblade, it was apparent to me that contrasting is much more striking. I would only go with carbon fiber if you don't want to be noticed as much.

With regard to the interior, I wouldn't do brown leather with the black & silver. Have you ever tried matching a black shirt with brown pants?
But black pants with brown shirt should...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very good point. I would not go beyond 2 colors on a car. I.e. black exterior, silver blade, and black interior. IMHO, when you have 3 colors on a car it just looks busy and too much going on.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Very good point. I would not go beyond 2 colors on a car. I.e. black exterior, silver blade, and black interior. IMHO, when you have 3 colors on a car it just looks busy and too much going on.
Good point, the interior of this car is fairly complex looking with lot so detail, curves, arches, best to keep color scheme simple.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the exact combo you ordered and let me tell you that it is the sharpest combo you can have. The brown interior is also not a problem as it breaks up the black quite nicely. I get compliments everyday and not a single person i met thinks the combo is weird. I guess it depends on whether you like contrast or not. The other really nice combo is white/carbon sideblade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why does brown always look red to me? It kind of reminds me of the fox red you can get in the new M3. But i've always liked that color, kinda wish mine had it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Why does brown always look red to me? It kind of reminds me of the fox red you can get in the new M3. But i've always liked that color, kinda wish mine had it.
Other than the professional interior shoots, all other Tuscan Brown pics looks red with the point and shoot camera.

·
Registered
101 Posts

what do you guys think?
I Think:
Why would you be concerned what the salesman thinks of your choice? Is he paying for it? Next time bring a note from your mom :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts