Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a spare one of these somehow. Brand new, still-in-the-box OEM CFK Anti Roll Bar Retrofit Kit. Good to go with any 16+ R8.

Asking $1000, shipping at your cost, or local pick up in San Francisco.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
If anyone could give confirmation on Gen 1 fitment, I’d be all over this.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have yet to see anyone confirm gen1 fitment anywhere unfortunately, would be cool to know if anyone has tried to install and if they did fit though!

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
347 Posts
Certainly not directly as the anti-rollbar link to bar and control arm is very different than the Gen 1's, the arm lengths on these Gen 2 bars and then the rate of this bar versus Gen 1. The Gen 1 Bar and arms are all one piece. You do not want to just change bars without knowing the rates and comparison to stock anyway...it affects the balance of your car a lot along with roll response, steering, handling and rough road ride (when the bumps are different left to right, which is most of the time).

One popular show on doughnut media tried to claim that "sway bars" are free roll control and don't impact ride. Completely false. They affect everything I mention above...a lot.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Well...I was going to buy this. Not anymore. Blame Scott. :LOL:

As always Scott, thank you for going into detail above and beyond most of our competence.

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
347 Posts
Well...I was going to buy this. Not anymore. Blame Scott. :LOL:

As always Scott, thank you for going into detail above and beyond most of our competence.
Darn vehicle dynamics engineers with their logic and reasoning! lol

You are most welcome. I am always trying to put reasoning for my answers in plain speak. Definitely ask more questions if what I say isn't making complete sense to you.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
I have one I was going to be the test mule to Gen1 fitment. But not sure it’s a good idea now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts