Audi R8 Forums banner

$$ off MSRP, final negotiations, FUNNY STORY!!

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  swansailor 
#1 ·
I am picking up the R8 on Saturday. Today was spent with insurance paperwork, etc. When I got my first look at the window sticker by scan, the dealer indicated his "gift" to me was the tire jack after I made it abundantly clear it was missing... I learned that from an earlier thread on this forum.

Anyhow, the awkward moment came on the phone when I quipped, "Here we are, some 13 months later. This is my 4th vehicle Ive purchased form you guys and I plan to continue to do business with you. Its common knowledge that you have an $8500 profit on this car. I dont begrudge anyone for making a living but can you guys do something for me? Maybe a discount of enough to purchase the luggage, $1000 or so? Some small token?"

The response was very tailored and I was told that in the prior 5 R8's they have sold, 3 were customers of the dealership and got to buy at MSRP with 2 paying a $5k surcharge. Them's the rules. There would be no discount, no 'gimme'.

As I am on the eve of picking up the car and everyone askes what the dealer did for me with the purchase of my R8... I can, with great accuracy, respond...

"I got Jack"

See less See more
#2 ·
There certainly appears to be variables on discounting throughout the world on the R8.

When I was shopping around a few months ago in September I had one dealer offer me 11% off sticker on a Daytona Grey(they had 4 on the lot)

I ended up buying another one to my liking with the right spec but still got 7%.

Annoyed thou..... because I did NOT get the jack.

#5 ·
I am picking mine up next Wednesday, and was able to get $500.00USD off, Audi-Care, and of course since I'm old school had to ask for the winter mats.

Hey it's something and I will let you all know if "I ain't go jack!"

#6 ·
$500.00 + Audi care? Good for you. Do they have winter mats for R8? I am thinking of getting something from Target for the rainy season.... I thought I read here that there are some site that has customized rubber mat for the R8, or was I just dreaming?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.