Audi R8 Forums banner

Officially place order for R8 V10!!

7K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  bz888 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....

#3 ·
Don't be. Here in the UK dealers have been accepting orders since late 2006 and I have an Audi UK acknowledgment of my order since early last year.

It is happening, and it has never been secretive in the UK.

#7 ·
I ordered a V10 first and was then offered a V8, which i have.
A few months ago i double checked my order for the V10 and subsequently AUDI UK sent me acknowledgement for 2 x V12 TDI'S.
I really don't want a v12, i had to call my dealer and ask what all that was about, he said Audi accepted my order but sent out v12 confirmations as an unofficial confirmation for the v10?

He did mention the other week wile out in a RS6 that the V10 is 100% going into production!

Yippee!!!

#5 ·
bs888. Have they told you a price yet?

I was told I could order the V8 or place an order for the V10 for delivery in June 2009.

I know that someone from Audi AUS has just been over to the factory so they should know all the specs by now.

One dealer told me that they will not be available in manual but I can,t see that being true, what has others been told?

#8 ·
Well that seems to support the general concensus. The V12 is NOT being built for any market. That has been confirmed by Audi in several official statements. The V10 is definitely being built but the production dates are still unknown. IF you received a v12 confirmation (mind you 2 confirmations) then the confirmations are not worth the paper they were printed on. I am not implying that you will not receive one of the first v10s, just that the deposit acknowledgement is a mechanical process that has nothing to do with actual delivery dates.

#9 ·
I have seen the production V10 in Neckarsulm with my own eyes.

In the last weeks, distributors have placed orders for their first production cars and they now finishing – depending on the countries – the specific bundles. A.e. in some countries LED headlight will be a standard.

Depending on the specified standard equipment, the net up-price (considering all options already included) for the V10 will be around 20 k$.

Remarkable: the expected proportion of the V10 will be almost 100%. Although, there is no information, that the V8 will be discontinued.

If so, it’s not a big math to see how the market for used V8 will be affected by the introduction of the V10…

#17 ·
I am not sure that I have heard anything hear that has not been widely reported in the press already: (1) we know there is a na v10 going into production per Audi press releases, and (2) that the first v10s will be delivered in 2009. I have seen the v10 mule car myself and we have all seen video of the car. So that is all old news. We still do not have (1) any pricing, or (2) any firm delivery dates.

I highly doubt that the v10 will be only $20K US more than the v8 as this would clearly have an adverse affect on the v8 which has no advantage to Audi and would almost give credence to the fantastic idea that the v8 will be discontinued. As for a diesel, I have spoken to several Audi executives who have said that while the v12 is dead (at least for now) there is a possibility that they will produce a v8tdi.

#18 ·
Sold my V8, will skip the V10 and wait for something more efficient, means particularly lighter and not really more powerful -> 1300 kg with a pimped (around 450 PS) V6 turbo/7-speed DSG from the upcoming S4. May this will happens only in my dreams…

#20 ·
The official weight of the V10 Lambo LP-560 is 1410kg (during a test ride tomorrow I will check if thru). Also the new Ferrari California including 7-speed DSG and folding roof should be around this.

At the moment, for the manufacturers it is cheaper to put more ponies in than to make the cars lighter. But finally there is no way to dupe physical rules (in racing, weight is almost everything).

You will be amazed what we will see, when customers really start to ask for. May it will takes another generation (3-5 years) until it happens…

I’m really a petrol head, but it is easy to see that in a longer term efficiency rules the world’s evolution and not brute power, period.

#21 ·
I too have a letter from Audi confirming I'm on the V10 list.

With Porsche in control (and some mixed messages being sent out on "competition" for the 911), anything can happen. But I'd be stunned if they cut the V8, and astonished if the V10 is only priced at a $20k premium (net of extra kit). It has to be at least the same price as the 911 Turbo, which means £95k+ in the UK, compared with the V8 at £78k (basic).

PS my V8 turns up next Friday, and I'm sure it will be enough for me!

#22 ·
bz,

Did you sign some papers about sharing a info about R8 V10?

If not...

I also saw some interesting info about first R8 V10 cars...
Production start will be sooner then we think.

Normal R8(V8) stays in production till end of its production life(2012 AFAIK).

Regarding big drop in sales of standard R8... I do not agree since I KNOW R8 V10 EU base price...

Think little bit below 997TT...

#27 ·
bz,

Did you sign some papers about sharing a info about R8 V10?

I also saw some interesting info about first R8 V10 cars...
Production start will be sooner then we think.
Hey Kreso, no I didn't but I don't want to stretch the relationship. So, I'm being a good boy.

#23 ·
Kreso, it will be interesting to see how the US V10 is priced since the base price for the 997TT here is only about $12-15,000 higher than the base R8. I would expect the v10 to have a base price of no less than $140-150,000 in the US, which would still make it comporable to a 997TT with options and less than the Aston Martin and other exotics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.