Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is why I went and bought a spare tire when I 1st got my R8. Here's the post:
I would of had it towed home and then I would of taken the flat tire off and taken it to the tire shop the following day. But if you happen to be driving your R8 out of town and get a flat, and had it towed to a tire shop over night, I would sleep in my R8 till the tire shop opens. Just saying........

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can certainly see the benefit of a spare tire but I have my car totally packed full when I travel. Frunk is completely full? Back shelf completely full and sometimes passenger footwell and seat full. And if I'm around the city where I live, then tow trucks are never more than 30 to 45 min away. It's actually a kind of non event to get a flat. But I'm also probably a lot less cautious with my r8 that the majority of people on this site. I treat it the same way I'd treat an A4 or a VW. I take good care of it but it's just a car.

I'm surprised more people don't bring a spare like you have. It's a great idea for a lot of people who drive near where they live.

I spent 6 hours in my R8 today driving back and forth and back and forth to kids things. What a great father's day!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Unluckiest member of the forum award goes to: JuddS

Was this before or after the shake / coffee incident?

• Haha
Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
557 Posts
I just meant to say, for the right price, I would sell the R8. I am not in love with it like I am with my wife.
Isn’t that how the movie Indecent Proposal starts off? :LOL:

Anyone want the tires?
It looks like there is still usable tread on them. If you decide you don’t want them, let me know. I’m interested.

Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I trashed them already, but would have happily given then to you. I also now regret not putting the plugged tire back on and totally smoking the tires. My standard rental car is a mustang 5.0 when I travel. They come with a set of tires you can nearly totally smoke out before returning.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts