Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Going to take one last rip today give her a nice cleaning start waiting for spring happy holidays thanks all from the forum help etc hope to see more r8’s in Massachusetts next year go pats
Did the same yesterday. Now she is away..I'm also in MA. Thinking of transporting her down to Florida for a month. Might be too expensive . Figured 4k round trip.
Go Pats!

Send me a message on where your from in MA

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did the same yesterday. Now she is away..I'm also in MA. Thinking of transporting her down to Florida for a month. Might be too expensive . Figured 4k round trip.
Go Pats!

Send me a message on where your from in MA

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Had mine brought up from Florida mid spring enclosed one way about 1400 I live in Western mass

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
i'm just curious, for members here that have to store their R8s during winter...isn't that bad not driving it for months? obviously it won't have a dead battery since its connected to a tender but what about the engine? most likely it'll have check engine when you crank it the first time right? what other problems do you guys encounter? i drive my r8 once a week and 6-7 days to me is already a long time and mine is always connected to a battery tender.
After storing mine for the (sometimes long) Canadian winter, I hop in, key to aux position as EZMass stated, let voltages come up...then turn the key and she fires right up. I've never had any issues. Check the tire pressures before driving and she's good to go. :)

Pre-winter checklist is an oil change, a thorough clean inside and out, a little extra air in the tires (~42 psi), some stabil in the tank, plug in the charger and cover her up. If my wife isn't looking, I may also give it a kiss goodnight. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
After storing mine for the (sometimes long) Canadian winter, I hop in, key to aux position as EZMass stated, let voltages come up...then turn the key and she fires right up. I've never had any issues. Check the tire pressures before driving and she's good to go. :)

Pre-winter checklist is an oil change, a thorough clean inside and out, a little extra air in the tires (~42 psi), some stabil in the tank, plug in the charger and cover her up. If my wife isn't looking, I may also give it a kiss goodnight. ;)

hahaha i do that as well but the only difference with you and i is that i don't care if she's looking! so i guess its a very straightforward process. where i reside i don't need to store my r8 on winters but i just needed to know just in case. i always thought it would be a problem not being able to drive them for months during winter storage. thanks btw...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question...I tried keeping my 09/4.2 on a ctec, and tho it charged my gt3 no problem, it didn’t keep the R8 charged. Took it to the dealer (in Cal🌞...I know, why the charger lol) and they said “you can’t use plug in chargers”, is that because it’s an early car? I notice a lot of you have later V10 cars.
Thanks for any help, Brooks.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Question...I tried keeping my 09/4.2 on a ctec, and tho it charged my gt3 no problem, it didn’t keep the R8 charged. Took it to the dealer (in Cal🌞...I know, why the charger lol) and they said “you can’t use plug in chargers”, is that because it’s an early car? I notice a lot of you have later V10 cars.
When you say "plug in" do you mean plug into the car cigarette lighter socket?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
"Plug in" charger - can you define that one? If, as Dave is asking, it's a cigarette lighter style charger, it won't work. That socket will shut off after some period of time.

The proper way to charge the R8 is directly using the terminal mounts near the battery. You can access this by sliding open the cover on the wall of the frunk. You'll see the terminals. I use standard alligator clips to the terminals.

If you're already following this method and it's still not working, I'm at a bit of a loss.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
May I ask where you bought your ornament?
It was offered in 2014 (the year I bought my R8) directly from Audi. I believe I just purchased it from the Audi website.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts