Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as downforce and looks, what is y'alls opinions on a duckbill or GT type rear wing or spoiler?

·
Registered
209 Posts
as dave mentioned...the gen 1 doesn't need it. the body lines are already perfect so it better to leave it alone. what I always say...less is more.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a GT style CF spoiler from GMG Racing. I prefer it over the shape without it. I wouldn't buy from them again as I am not 100% happy with the finish on the spoiler. Next time, I'd opt for the stock GT style spoiler. Hard to find OEM quality even when the aftermarket piece runs you $4k.

·
Registered
501 Posts
GT, it completes the car. I'm with you. I like the lines, but a little addition in the back makes me happy. Potato = Potato

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Unless a wing is original fit, I would avoid disrupting the lines of the Gen 1. Besides, a fixed wing will only add weight, and the car already has a moveable wing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You wouldn't be suggesting I remove it from my GT, would you?

I believe they already answered your question...its came with your unit so if this were mine I wouldn't remove it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Unless a wing is original fit, I would avoid disrupting the lines of the Gen 1. Besides, a fixed wing will only add weight, and the car already has a moveable wing.
The GT OEM CF wing weighs less than the dynamic spoiler and mechanism. That's why there is no dynamic spoiler on the Superleggera GT's.

I believe they already answered your question...its came with your unit so if this were mine I wouldn't remove it.
I have no intention to. I was trying to point out that my bone-stock wing looks very at-home on mine. One of the reasons I got a GT, is because it has all the aero stuff and weight savings others have done to theirs, but it's all stock. I actually had a guy tell me one time that he didn't like it and I shouldn't have put a wing on an R8, for the same reasons mentioned above. When I told him it was all stock, he looked like a deer in the headlights.

·
Registered
501 Posts
So, I shouldn't put plus mirrors or a plus Rear Diffuser on my car if I like the way they look because it's not an R8 plus? Right now, with my upgrades, I consider it much better than a standard R8. However, I get the point; but different strokes for different folks. This is like the R-tronic vs S-Tronic or the V8 vs V10 or the Gen 1 vs Gen 2 discussions. All good stuff to deliberate.

·
Registered
957 Posts
So, I shouldn't put plus mirrors or a plus Rear Diffuser on my car if I like the way they look because it's not an R8 plus? Right now, with my upgrades, I consider it much better than a standard R8. However, I get the point; but different strokes for different folks. This is like the R-tronic vs S-Tronic or the V8 vs V10 or the Gen 1 vs Gen 2 discussions. All good stuff to deliberate.
I certainly didn't say that. I think everyone should be able to do whatever they want, as long as safety isn't compromised.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That was a general statement, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. It's all good.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts