Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have had time to digest the V10..what's everyone's thoughts on its appearance compared to the V8.

Question is does it look meaner and a more serious car.... compared to the V8.

For me.....

I like the new expanded side vents and skirts.

Black Painted section of the rear looks cheap and boy racer(maybe they should have used a mesh)

Wheel rims are softer in looks compared to the V8

Chrome finish on front grille again belies a luxury image.

Overall I believe the V8 "LOOKS" more the real deal of a supercar.

Superficial argument I know but If I am investing in a upgrade I want the eye candy as well.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I like the black along the rear.
I like the expanded intakes.
Like the use of fewer blade across the front and rear air flow.
Like that the plastic on the outside is now gloss instead of matte/texture.
Like the full LED's.

Impartial on oval exhaust tips.
Undecided on the wheels. Think the V8 version's are great as is.

Don't like the chrome on the front grill.

I think that just about covers all the changes.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more !:D Eye candy indeed.I did things to my R8 that I think Audi should have done. I guess Audi held ideas back planning to use on later models.NOT the way I woud run the company.Give the people what they want..We're willing to pay for it

·
Registered
943 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more !:D Eye candy indeed.I did things to my R8 that I think Audi should have done. I guess Audi held ideas back planning to use on later models.NOT the way I woud run the company.Give the people what they want..We're willing to pay for it
Like what?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm not a fan of the V10 looks at all :(

The overall effect just looks a bit too aftermarket to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that when manufacturers 'enhance' a design that worked superbly originally, it loses something - the asthetic balance of the original. The R8 V8 looks perfect from every angle, it just looks right. I like the V10 oval exhausts and the larger side intake vents, but somehow, the overall effect of the V10 appears to me that the smoothness, the correctness of the V8 shape has lost something in the V10 - just my opinion.

·
Registered
108 Posts
IMO the car has simply been subjected to demeaning "Boy Racer" add-ons :(

I'm just pleased that they didn't go the whole way and put a white "Go Faster" decal on it aka Ferrari 430 Stadale :eek:

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
I like the black along the rear.
I like the expanded intakes.
Like the use of fewer blade across the front and rear air flow.
Like that the plastic on the outside is now gloss instead of matte/texture.
Like the full LED's.

Impartial on oval exhaust tips.
Undecided on the wheels. Think the V8 version's are great as is.

Don't like the chrome on the front grill.

I think that just about covers all the changes.
+1

Having seen one in person at Detroit, I think the car looks great with the V10 changes. The V8 car has beautiful, but fairly simple lines and can afford to have it's shape broken up a little. The expanded intakes give the car more presense and look like they are actually functional, but they are not so large that they look out of place. Smaller intakes have a paradoxical effect of looking more like a styling exercise than the V10 blades to me. Also, the blacked out rear looks really good, breaking up a pretty bulky rear end. Overall, the effect of the changes is nothing like that of all the useless tacked-on plastic body cladding and scoops on cars like the Grand Am and Trans Am.

I don't care for the chrome on the front, which doesn't fit the serious sports car image the rest of the car projects. the wheels are OK, but not for me. I went with the optional "5 spoke" wheels myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
don't have a problem with the V10 version. just hope they have more wheel choices. i'm not a fan of the rims they have on the show car that's been going around at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts