Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am facing a little dillema concerning the r8.
My order is scheduled for delivery in the 4th quarter of this yr so I still have a while yet...
I have been offered the demo car meanwhile which has just over 8,000 miles on it for the list price which is with all its extras approx £86,000.
Audi has then agreed to buy the car back of me when mine comes (I would prob take delivery in Jan 09 so it would be an 09 car).
I estimate that I would put no more than 20,000 (total mileage) on the car up to then.
I am trying to get them to guarantee me a buy back price but it is hard for them to estimate so they have agreed to go by some guide (the name escapes me) and pay that price..

What do you guys think?
I currently have no car and am the UK...my other option is leasing a car at approx £650 a month.

I would love to have the demo until I get mine but not sure if it is the best move financially!!

all comment are appreciated

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am facing a little dillema concerning the r8.
My order is scheduled for delivery in the 4th quarter of this yr so I still have a while yet...
I have been offered the demo car meanwhile which has just over 8,000 miles on it for the list price which is with all its extras approx £86,000.
Audi has then agreed to buy the car back of me when mine comes (I would prob take delivery in Jan 09 so it would be an 09 car).
I estimate that I would put no more than 20,000 (total mileage) on the car up to then.
I am trying to get them to guarantee me a buy back price but it is hard for them to estimate so they have agreed to go by some guide (the name escapes me) and pay that price..

What do you guys think?
I currently have no car and am the UK...my other option is leasing a car at approx £650 a month.

I would love to have the demo until I get mine but not sure if it is the best move financially!!

all comment are appreciated
I think they will be hoping you give up the 09 car and keep the 'demo'....kills 2 birds......off the used car & get a new one to move at 09 price increase. Whatever, try to get the 09 at 08 pricing!

tritone

·
Registered
38 Posts
The time to have this car is now, for summer 08. After that they will begin to become more common. £650 per month for a lease will be writing off around £5k anyway, so you may as well enjoy the car. Sell it privately in Aug and I would reckon you would lose less than that, if anything at all! (I always say that the true cost of a car is the difference between purchase and selling price anyway)

Go for it, I say!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mmmm......

Used cars are still changing hands at £5 - £10K above list.

If you look in the Sunday Times (yesterday's as far as I recall), someone wanted way above list for a car with 6K miles on it.

In my humble opinion, I think it all hinges on what guaranteed buy back price you can agree with Audi.

If you intend to put 20K miles on it in 11 months, then this is very high mileage and will greatly affect resale price. Average used car mileage is calculated at 10-12K miles per year.

Forget leasing. Money down the drain.

Do the best deal you can and go for it..........

·
Registered
97 Posts
After waiting almost a year my R8 arrived not built to spec as my Audi
Exclusive order was placed. I went to my dealer to look at the car and
worked a deal with them. I will place an order for an 09 R8 to be early
build and the dealer will buy my car back at market value in Sept. - Oct.
when my next R8 arrives. I have the car for the summer and the benefit
of having the first one in Oklahoma. More than likely, I will get full MSRP
and the dealer gets to make a profit. In the US Audi makes us sign an
agreement that we will not sell the car for 12 months after taking delivery.
If we do we have to offer it to the dealer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you intend to put 20K miles on it in 11 months, then this is very high mileage and will greatly affect resale price. Average used car mileage is calculated at 10-12K miles per year.

Forget leasing. Money down the drain.

Do the best deal you can and go for it..........
i believe he means putting in 20k total mileage as that car now has 8k on it..

20k in one year would be too much..;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep thats right 20,000 in total i expect to under 12,000...just shooting a conservative figure..
the guide the garage is using is the 'glasses guide' fyi
i think im gonna take it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Let us know how you get on, and also further down the line when you come to part-ex it. I'll be interested to see how you do with this

·
Registered
718 Posts
Glass's guide is the UK motor industry guide.

There will be several dealer buying prices depending on mileage and condition.

However, I'm not sure that it will take account of the unusual trading conditions for R8 - used being worth more than new !

If they are buying back from you at Glass's dealer price, this is a conservative figure. Use this as an absolute minimum. You might find it a better deal to get your dealer to sell it on your behalf just before yours arrives.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats interesting mozza...
I never though too highly spec'd would be an issue!

If I took the car I would see what I could get privately before using the glass's guide

thanks for everyones input so far

·
Registered
129 Posts
spoke to a luxury car dealer today about my 08 reg car ,offered me 5k under list price
told it was to highly spec'ed
luck i'm keeping it
:rolleyes: Just someone chancing your arm Mozza. A car dealer neighbour offered my 5K over list for my slot in December.

I told him that making money's not the be all and end all with cars.

I've ordered the car to own and drive :cool:

@R8Phantom,I'd just go ahead and do the deal, you're a long time dead and theres no action replay :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts