Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New boy with R8 due Jan '09 (probably opt for manual) and scratching around for info .

I'm sure the subject must be covered somewhere here but just which options are absolutely essential and which are a complete waste of money:confused:

I've provisionally gone for Magnetic Ride , SatNav, CD Autochanger ,Phone prep , Electric seats ,Acoustic Parking , Cruise and Light Pack

A little concened about the benefit of Magnetic Ride ??
More important have I missed something I will definitely regret in terms of enjoyment of the car or perhaps something that will generate :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: when I come to trade it in ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
rearview camera?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mag ride is great, if you like it hard or you are a trackday person it makes a huge differance .

Me personaly, i have it and i have only turned it on 2/3 times in 3 months ?

same for the sound system,i have switched it on 2/3 times.
The engines sounds much much better.

Only other is Tyre pressure monitoring, i don't have it , so i'm paranoid about my tyres all the time .

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't use the magnetic ride as the car handles just fine without it... too jiggly with it on, and only effective on a very smooth road. As mine is a US car that came as standard equipment.

Don't know what I'd do without the camera.

I have always felt that the only way to go with these cars is to fully option them... although I don't have the R-tronic tranny.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Picked mine up today - didn't go for B & O as I never really listen to music at any great volume as I prefer to listen to the engine. The basic sound system sounds absolutely fine to my non-audiophile ears.

I have the rearview camera which works really well.

Agree about the harshness with the mag ride on, it's really noticable on anything but really smooth tarmac.

I didn't spec electric seats - really didn't see the point as I will be the only person driving it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you're into "spirited" driving on proper roads the Mag Ride is a must IMHO.

All options are down to personal taste / use however as an indication my spec is as follows:-

Daytona Grey / silver blade
Manual tranny
Leather / Alcantara interior
Sat Nav
B&O Sound
Mag Ride
Hill Hold

I'm sure I've ticked a few more boxes but for the life of me can't remember just now. Because I've waited so long for the car I've kind of put it to the back of my mind and forgot all the important stuff like the exact spec :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts