Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Interesting as I've never heard of 'registered' dealers. I presume they're getting the car as a sale or trade from an actual Audi dealer or do you know?

I know mine took a $10K deposit - which seems to be common - and back in May, it was a pretty sure bet I'd get an allocation. Ordered May 14, rec'd 1st week Sept.
They are an Audi Dealer, so confused 馃槓.
Was surprised to hear a $500 deposit was all that was required, assumed $5k. So 5 months is what yu experienced? Good to know.

Registered
They are an Audi Dealer, so confused 馃槓.
Was surprised to hear a $500 deposit was all that was required, assumed $5k. So 5 months is what yu experienced? Good to know.
It was 3.5 months but the cars weren't even in production when I placed my order..... so really only 3 months from the time they began production. The catch is I've heard things have slowed down dramatically. I would hope 5 months is a safe bet. Let us know if you get an allocation. 馃

Reactions: Link

Premium Member
Perhaps they are not an Audi Sport dealer. AS dealers often get priority with allocations but any dealer CAN get one...

Reactions: melland and Link

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It was 3.5 months but the cars weren't even in production when I placed my order..... so really only 3 months from the time they began production. The catch is I've heard things have slowed down dramatically. I would hope 5 months is a safe bet. Let us know if you get an allocation. 馃
Btw, Daytona Grey is my favorite color outside of Solar Orange. My last S4 was Daytona Grey, which I specifically remember was $5k more then I originally wanted to spend, but I did it because that color was amazing in person haha.

Premium Member
Perhaps your dealer can find a Daytona R8 out there - it's a very popular choice and right now I see 2 coupes apparently available - both built, a quattro in Beaverton, OR and an RWD in Minneapolis, MN ...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Perhaps your dealer can find a Daytona R8 out there - it's a very popular choice and right now I see 2 coupes apparently available - both built, a quattro in Beaverton, OR and an RWD in Minneapolis, MN ...
I鈥檒l have to look at the AWD, I want AWD 100% for the Midwest weather, I want zero excuse to not drive it, I mean other then the kids not fitting in the bonnet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Anyone with photo shop skills can do something similar in a Daytona grey, buddy sent me this for ideas. This is veering away from the order process but might in turn be a way to shorten up the wait time if it offers something visually to me that I like 馃

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Premium Member
Why not the RWS stripe on Daytona even if a quattro - you could still have someone build it in Solar Orange or a close color ...

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Why not the RWS stripe on Daytona even if a quattro - you could still have someone build it in Solar Orange or a close color ...

View attachment 266799
I have considered just getting a Daytona Grey and wrapping it solar orange and I can switch it up that way when I鈥檓 bored.
Curious how close a wrap looks to paint, I need to do more research.

Registered
I have considered just getting a Daytona Grey and wrapping it solar orange and I can switch it up that way when I鈥檓 bored.
Toronto platinum cars has a black one wrapped satin orange, looks great. Check it out on their site if it鈥檚 still there, it鈥檚 a 2020. I was going to do solar orange but I couldn鈥檛 find a cool interior colour to go with it.

Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
While a wrap is a great alternative to have a whole different color car at any time, it certainly doesn鈥檛 look like paint. A wrap has to be done perfectly and make sure you have the door jambs and all the small stuff done to make it look as much like paint as possible. Nothing worse than seeing an orange car and then the doors open and you see black door jambs or worse when it鈥檚 a color car, like blue or red door jambs

Registered
Wow...these are GREAT deposit stories. My dealer wants 10k for Nardo Grey order. Then when i went with Exclusive Crimson interior they want another 10K down......mind you NON REFUNDABLE....i said...hmmm this soinds like bullshyt.

Registered
I wouldn't put down a deposit until the dealer actually HAD an allocation. If not you could end up on an infinite waitlist, then never get a car. I'd keep calling around until you find a dealer who can get you a car. Being the last year, I wanted a chair when the music stopped.

Registered
Wow...these are GREAT deposit stories. My dealer wants 10k for Nardo Grey order. Then when i went with Exclusive Crimson interior they want another 10K down......mind you NON REFUNDABLE....i said...hmmm this soinds like bullshyt.
Yo Nupe, that definitely sounds like a scam. I put in an order and 2,500 deposit in August but it is refundable. I鈥檓 still waiting on an allocation. Another dealer suggested that they have a better chance of getting an allocation because they are a large volume dealer. That dealer also assured me that it was refundable, I decided to just wait it out with my current order,

Registered
Yo Nupe, that definitely sounds like a scam. I put in an order and 2,500 deposit in August but it is refundable. I鈥檓 still waiting on an allocation. Another dealer suggested that they have a better chance of getting an allocation because they are a large volume dealer. That dealer also assured me that it was refundable, I decided to just wait it out with my current order,
YOOOO what up Nupe! ..you have an order now, but no allocation? I "supposedly" have an allocation with THIS order, but have another dealer that "supposedly" has another allocation if the first guy flakes on me next week (when i make my deposit). How do you KNOW they have an allocation....would they provide me with dome sort of proof?

The local dealer in San Antonio is a large dealer and said the original 10k for Nardo would be refundable, but if I go exclusive interior....that potentially makes the car REALLY harder to possibly sell....hence the non refundable fee.

Premium Member
The 'proof' of an allocation is YOUR Comm. No. at status 10 or higher : "At Factory." If your dealer cannot SHOW you this, it's NOT an allocation, but more likely simply a WAITLIST order ... and right now, NO new allocations are being distributed. Audi is refilling pipeline orders and SOLD orders ONLY for what they can actually build.

Reactions: RWD

Registered
The 'proof' of an allocation is YOUR Comm. No. at status 10 or higher : "At Factory." If your dealer cannot SHOW you this, it's NOT an allocation, but more likely simply a WAITLIST order ... and right now, NO new allocations are being distributed. Audi is refilling pipeline orders and SOLD orders ONLY for what they can actually build.
So what my dealer is saying is that they have an build order AT the factory and just need to build it out into an order. They will make it a generic sellable build if I don't solidify an order by next 2 weeks (which I will).....but I'm definitely asking for a comm #. Thx.

Premium Member
What you say IS possible, but the window for that order to remain "Changeable" that is, to be revised to YOUR specs (since it WAS already 'built out' to something to even get to the Factory) may be short. Get the Comm No and PM it to me, I'll tell you EXACTLY what it is or isn't - There's NO personal info in that file that I can see, so your risk is zero...

21 - 40 of 50 Posts