Audi R8 Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What you say IS possible, but the window for that order to remain "Changeable" that is, to be revised to YOUR specs (since it WAS already 'built out' to something to even get to the Factory) may be short. Get the Comm No and PM it to me, I'll tell you EXACTLY what it is or isn't - There's NO personal info in that file that I can see, so your risk is zero...
Will do. Thx. Yes...he did say he could only give me about 10 days bc they will not hold that unbuilt order at factory past that time.
I plan on ordering in about 7 days.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
The Factory will NOT hold anything on that order for you or your dealer - that's just not how it works. Depending on 'how old' that allocation actually is, that order could Freeze anytime. I've seen them stay Changeable for months and Freeze after just a day or 2 after allocation - no way to tell. These days what supplies and materials that are on hand at any given minute determine which cars are built. If they have all the stuff for whatever spec they originally built for that car, they will Freeze the order and build it - NOT wait for you. The sooner you know what you want, the better chance at knowing a) that you'll get it and b) when (which could be in a few months or the end of next year) ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Factory will NOT hold anything on that order for you or your dealer - that's just not how it works. Depending on 'how old' that allocation actually is, that order could Freeze anytime. I've seen them stay Changeable for months and Freeze after just a day or 2 after allocation - no way to tell. These days what supplies and materials that are on hand at any given minute determine which cars are built. If they have all the stuff for whatever spec they originally built for that car, they will Freeze the order and build it - NOT wait for you. The sooner you know what you want, the better chance at knowing a) that you'll get it and b) when (which could be in a few months or the end of next year) ...
Yes...im definitely getting the 20k together as quickly as possible. Hopefully this week I handle that part at least.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Yikes - they want $20K down just to order - holy schmoly - we ask for $2500 - a CC to do that, and it's fully refundable (unless you have some wild & wooly AE spec) ...

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Yes...im definitely getting the 20k together as quickly as possible. Hopefully this week I handle that part at least.
$20k as a deposit? Yikes. I had to put a $5k deposit - and that was probably higher than average. But either way, if you're just shifting funds around between banks, brokerages, etc,, and waiting for that to clear, just have them put the deposit on your credit card and pay it off once you've moved the funds if you're racing the clock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yikes - they want $20K down just to order - holy schmoly - we ask for $2500 - a CC to do that, and it's fully refundable (unless you have some wild & wooly AE spec) ...
Yep...5k for for each 100k...and 10 K for Exclusive interior. They said non refundable bc theybwould have trouble selling such a specifically built vehicle. Luckily I don't mind it bc I actually want the car. Now im deciding if ai want a a vert...2wd bc i wont notice the speed difference....supposedly. I'll do more research before i order...especially the seating in the vert vs the coupe. Im 5'11...200lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I'm 6-1 a bit more than 200 and 32" inseam - only say that to include leg vs torso proportion to overall height. The Spyder yields about 8" of seat fore-aft and 20 degrees of rake to the Coupe, where the top and mechanisms store themselves. This means for me at least, I am kind of squished into one so that the net result is about a 2 hour limit of driving and certainly not in a great position. Whereas in my Coupe I have room to spare in both seat fore-aft and rake.

I should also note that in a G2 Coupe, I can reasonably fit more comfortably in the Competition seats than I can in either G1 or G2 Spyder with the 'comfort' ones ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 6-1 a bit more than 200 and 32" inseam - only say that to include leg vs torso proportion to overall height. The Spyder yields about 8" of seat fore-aft and 20 degrees of rake to the Coupe, where the top and mechanisms store themselves. This means for me at least, I am kind of squished into one so that the net result is about a 2 hour limit of driving and certainly not in a great position. Whereas in my Coupe I have room to spare in both seat fore-aft and rake.

I should also note that in a G2 Coupe, I can reasonably fit more comfortably in the Competition seats than I can in either G1 or G2 Spyder with the 'comfort' ones ...
See.....THIS is the feeling I got when I sat in a 2018 vert.....felt comfy, yet....off somehow. My body wasn't angled right bc I could not lean seat back...not even a little. I was driving more "straight up" than I wanted to...which was an odd feeling. Since this will be my daily...I'm not sure if I want that. None here to sit in again before my decision either...and for this type of money, I WILL be comfortable lol.

Question...if I go non performance, do you think i could get a performance or Vorsteiner wing to go on the factory aero spoiler ?

·
Registered
2020 performance coupe Mythos black
148 Posts
Anybody want in on the pool……..Exactly when does this turn in to a three star cluster f..k ? Give or take a day.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts