Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2010 V8 with 3 pedals
102 Posts
That’s nuts that any dealer would offer anything crazy off msrp for a custom order...why? Someone else is always next in line that is willing to pay. No different then used cars. Someone might think that price is too high, but the next person may come along and say perfect I will take it. On inventory cars sure...but taking up an allocation number of theirs...doesn’t make business sense.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Haha! I wish. They are emailing me the 2022 guides and I am also inquiring about Audi Exclusive interior colors. They mentioned that the Audi Exclusive plant will be shutting down because people were okay with getting a standard color paint and getting a wrap to color it the way they want, negating the need to exclusive paint colors. I informed them that I like the Daytona Gray Pearl and that I was mostly interested in custom leather colors for the interior.

Ah, I see then. That makes sense. I will look at doing a percentage discount, but we'll see how much they laugh at me when I ask for an 8% discount. But this particular dealership said that they sold 8 R8's last year and they pretty frequently earn more allocation. They're the #3 dealership in Texas as far as volume. But, it's always good to price compete.
I don’t think there’s a separate plant for the AE stuff. It goes down the same line in neckarsulm either way. Even the gt cars go down the same line.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
WOW ! so much info from so many - as an Audi Sport Dealer, I can say that : SOME allocations are out - to the biggest (R8) dealers (Atlanta, Houston, Beverly Hills) but NOT many. They are trickling now. AE paint is nearby the Heilbronn assembly line but not in/on it - and IS open for a limited portfolio. There are perhaps 20 Comm Nos at Factory (10) or Production (15) status, with deliveries forecasted for Sep-Oct. If you have already bought a couple R8s or perhaps $4-600K worth of Audis from a dealer who has an allocation, you will prolly get a little deal (a few $K) - but 5-8% - nahh, unless you are a recognized Audi VIP, sports star or mega-influencer - and you already know this.

Speculation about this being the last hurrah of the R8 is just that - speculation. I wouldn't join in on any of it yet - too much NVH on a few subjects to be right - so just listen instead... my 2 cents.

Reactions: ervikingo

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can't comment on 2022 but I just bought a 21 Performance Convertible (in April - 1-2 months ago) for a larger discount than anything that has been quoted/mentioned in this thread and it was from a high volume dealer. Granted it was a dealer inventory car and is not a coupe (coupes are clearly more desirable) but it was a desirable build for sure and had only been in inventory for a couple of weeks at the time. Anyone who is saying that discounts aren't available for 2021 cars are definitely NOT being accurate. I can't comment on 2022 but we already know discounts are available on those as well given that the OP has already found quotes with a discount off MSRP for a 2022 build.

If I was the buyer I would call the higher volume dealers listed in the thread (someone listed them a couple of posts ago) to get quotes for 2022. And, as someone who lives literally 2 blocks south of Beverly Hills, I am going to guess that the best pricing won't be had a Beverly Hills Audi. When buying my car I called them and they told me a 2021 would be above sticker. By making a few calls I managed to get a significant discount off MSRP by buying out of state.

Good luck to the OP! Certainly can't go wrong buying a 2022 given that it's likely going to be the last year.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
478 Posts
I have tried asking for percent off MSRP with no luck. The best I was offered was 3k off MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
which looking with 20-20 hindsight, end of year 2020 performance we’re 25k off everywhere

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discounts are pretty easy for the AWD Performance model for 2020 and 2021 if they were existing on-site inventory, not custom ordered. Discounts on RWD is extremely rare. Discounts on RWD Performance is also extremely rare considering it is a very limited car.

The RWD market is much stronger than the AWD one. Second hand 2021units are 30-50K over sticker. Check Mclaren Charlotte if you don’t believe me. Granted you can buy new units for much cheaper, but most of the dealers who sold at MSRP already sold theirs. In April there were over 50 units listed for sale, now it’s down to 22 units (CarGurus). Regardless, that’s neither here nor there, but the odds of a discount are minimal for a custom ordered car especially for a 1 model year run RWD Performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Closed my deal on 4/17 as you can see on the attached pic. You can also see the options I ordered. Factory order was accepted on 4/20. Car will get in production 7/05 with a completion day of 7/16. From there, shipping which I estimate to be 4 weeks. I have been told that could be either, 2021 or 2022.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forgot to mention that I locked in the max interest rate. If, at the time of arrival the interest rate is lower, they will honor the lower interest rate which I don't believe it for a second. However I felt comfortable with the interest rate I locked in. If it was better, that would be even nicer. I also got, as part of my negotiation, a service for my Q5 and an indoor car cover.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Closed my deal on 4/17 as you can see on the attached pic. You can also see the options I ordered. Factory order was accepted on 4/20. Car will get in production 7/05 with a completion day of 7/16. From there, shipping which I estimate to be 4 weeks. I have been told that could be either, 2021 or 2022.
Congrats! Seems like a quick turnaround, but I'm sure it will be a brutal wait. Excellent color choices. I am going with the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your car is a 2022 RWD Performance unit Pablito. Curious what you mean about interest rate locked in. Did you apply for financing before the car arriving?

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Your car is a 2022 RWD Performance unit Pablito. Curious what you mean about interest rate locked in. Did you apply for financing before the car arriving?
I'm curious : no Comm No = no info. How do you know he even has an order? @Pablito - PM me your Comm No and I'll give you all the details...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the finance with the dealer. I locked in 3.68% for 72 months. Zero down. If when the car arrives the interest rate is lower, they will honor that lower interest rate.
My car could be either a 21 or 22, don't know yet and probably won't know until leaves factory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm curious : no Comm No = no info. How do you know he even has an order? @Pablito - PM me your Comm No and I'll give you all the details...
Not sure I understand your comment 100%. I showed a pic of my factory order but if you think it is not true......well.....let's talk again in mid august after I will have received my car.

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
2,962 Posts
Discounts are pretty easy for the AWD Performance model for 2020 and 2021 if they were existing on-site inventory, not custom ordered. Discounts on RWD is extremely rare. Discounts on RWD Performance is also extremely rare considering it is a very limited car.

The RWD market is much stronger than the AWD one. Second hand 2021units are 30-50K over sticker. Check Mclaren Charlotte if you don’t believe me. Granted you can buy new units for much cheaper, but most of the dealers who sold at MSRP already sold theirs. In April there were over 50 units listed for sale, now it’s down to 22 units (CarGurus). Regardless, that’s neither here nor there, but the odds of a discount are minimal for a custom ordered car especially for a 1 model year run RWD Performance.
maybe it’s different down in the US but here in Canada, the gen 2.1 RWS didn’t do too well. I remember seeing used 17/18 rear wheel drive R8s on autotrader for $140-$150k Canadian. My friend is a wholesaler and I told him I was considering a 21 RWD and he talked me out of it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pablito - Your car is a 2022 RWD Performance, they should know that already. Your sales person should have that info. The timeline you provided is exactly like mine aka 2721 build slot (27th week of 2021, June 5 build, completed June 16, on a ship June 31). As for the financing, never heard of being able to do financing on a deal without the VIN and so forth. I’m guessing you still have to sign the actual financing paperwork when the car is onsite versus now?

SlammedR8 - I did notice that almost every RWS for sale in the USA has been a Canadian import, wonder why it wasn’t a hot seller there. However all the cars were extremely base trim compared to the regular R8. Even now the RWD unit is 25-30k more than the USA version and our “standard” trim are paid extras on the Canadian version such as the wheels.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts